Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Default 12 Blue Cat Audio Plug-Ins (6 FREE) Available for Pro Tools 11 (64-bit AAX)

Dear Pro Tools users,

We are happy to announce the release of a new version of twelve of our audio plug-ins: Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro (audio levels meter), FreqAnalyst Multi (multiple tracks spectrum analyzer), Oscilloscope Multi (multiple tracks waveform visualizer), StereoScope Multi (multiple tracks stereo field analyzer), Blue Cat's Protector (zero latency brickwall limiter), Blue Cat's Liny EQ (low latency linear phase EQ), and the complete Blue Cat's Freeware Pack (6 free plug-ins) are now available for Pro Tools 11.

These updates mainly add 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11, and bring additional fixes and enhancements on both Mac and PC for other plug-ins formats (see details below).

The update for commercial plug-ins is free for existing customers and is available for download from the same locations as the previous versions. Blue Cat's Freeware Pack is available for free on www.bluecataudio.com. All plug-ins support VST, Audio Unit, RTAS, AAX and DirectX formats for Mac and PC and are compatible with 32-bit or 64-bit applications.

What's new for all plug-ins:
- 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11.

Additional Changes for Blue Cat's Freeware Pack:
- Audio Suite support for offline processing in Pro Tools (AAX).
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- Fixed AAX version not showing up in Pro Tools 10.3.5 on Windows.
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed compare button issues in Pro Tools.
- Mac-VST: Fixed window resize issues on Cubase and Nuendo (Mac).
- Mac: Control MIDI settings dialog now brought back to front when already opened in the background.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) or higher.
- PC running Windows XP or higher.
- AAX versions require Pro Tools 10.3.5 or newer (RTAS can be used for earlier versions of Pro Tools).

Enjoy!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:31 AM

Default Re: 12 Blue Cat Audio Plug-Ins (6 FREE) Available for Pro Tools 11 (64-bit AAX)

I have the FreqAnalisyPro. When 64 bit comes out is it a free update?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Default Re: 12 Blue Cat Audio Plug-Ins (6 FREE) Available for Pro Tools 11 (64-bit AAX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
I have the FreqAnalisyPro. When 64 bit comes out is it a free update?
Hi Rikk. As explained in details in this blog post, it is probable that 64-bit AAX is part of a larger update for these plug-ins. So there might be a (small) upgrade fee in this case.

It is not our policy to charge for new plug-in formats/platforms, but technical constraints have made us merge this update with other major changes and new features.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Blue Cat Audio

Actually, I might have been wrong... Free 64-bit AAX updates may be on their way for older plug-ins as well:

Blue Cat Audio Plug-ins and Pro Tools 11

Old 06-27-2013, 05:10 AM
Blue Cat Audio

I have some good news for you: all our plug-ins are now available as 64-bit AAX Native!

That's 21 plug-ins available for Pro Tools 11 (including 6 free AAX plug-ins).

For existing customers, the new 64-bit AAX versions can be downloaded using the same link as the original purchase.

If you are not familiar with our plug-ins, we currently have:
- a complete audio analysis and metering suite
- broadband and multiband dynamics processing tools
- several EQs and spectral processing tools (including M/S processing capabilities)
- free plug-ins (3 modulation effects, a spectrum analyzer and a special gain control utility)
- a Remote Control plug-in that works like a virtual control surface inside Pro Tools.

Enjoy!

PS: BTW all our plug-ins will be on sale until the end of July to celebrate the launch of Pro Tools 11!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:24 AM

And they are awesome! Thank you.

Sent from my PT beating heart
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
I have some good news for you: all our plug-ins are now available as 64-bit AAX Native!

That's 21 plug-ins available for Pro Tools 11 (including 6 free AAX plug-ins).

For existing customers, the new 64-bit AAX versions can be downloaded using the same link as the original purchase.

If you are not familiar with our plug-ins, we currently have:
- a complete audio analysis and metering suite
- broadband and multiband dynamics processing tools
- several EQs and spectral processing tools (including M/S processing capabilities)
- free plug-ins (3 modulation effects, a spectrum analyzer and a special gain control utility)
- a Remote Control plug-in that works like a virtual control surface inside Pro Tools.

Enjoy!

PS: BTW all our plug-ins will be on sale until the end of July to celebrate the launch of Pro Tools 11!
Great work ladies and gents!

Wave-T.com
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 AM

Blue Cat:

I really like your dynamics plugins a lot. I'm primarily involved in post production and I like the ability to apply upward compression on low level dialog to give it a gentle boost, without affecting the peaks too much.

What would make it PERFECT, however, would be a "range" control which would allow the user to specify a volume range for processing the upward compression. For instance, if my threshold is -30dB and I put a ratio of -1:3 on the lower curve, I might only want to process the audio down to -40dB (ie a "range" of 10dB) because I can generally assume anything below -40dB is noise and I don't want to apply any gain to it.

As it is now, I have to use an expander in conjunction with your plugin to achieve this, by basically attenuating my low-level noise prior to using your great plugin to re-boost my noise.

Any chance of this feature happening? It truly would be my go to dynamics processor if so.

Chris
Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Thanks!

@Chris: we have already been in touch in the past about this, right? It is still in the plans to investigate a range feature for a future update.

With this update today, we "just" wanted to make all existing plug-ins available for Pro Tools 11.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:21 PM

I just downloaded and installed the freeware bundle and PT says it is not authorized...... The older AAX plugs worked fine. Any thoughts?

Jim Morris
Morrisound Recording
Tampa, FL