Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Unhappy PT 10 Installation faILs Repeatedly!

Hi everyone!
I'm on an iMac, OS X 10.6.8 and can not install Pt 10.3.2. The machine has 8 GB Ram on a 500GB hard disk, with more than a 100GB still available.
The funny thing is that I was able to install it one week ago but was having some issues with my internet. I called Apple, and after some procedures, tried to open PT again and it said something was missing. After hours on the phone with Apple, we decided to re-install the OS. That should take care of the problem but it didn't.
PT installer gets stuck when there are 4 minutes left to complete the installation. Then it takes forever, only to show a msg at the end like: "Sorry, there's not enough application memory for PT to finish the installation".
It worked once though...i called avid tech support today, and after one full hour on the phone, i had to "schedule" a call back. I was here all the time today and the call never came...really lame!
I'd appreciate any help since i can't rely on avid's representatives to do what they're supposed to...
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 PM

Default Re: PT 10 Installation faILs Repeatedly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csounds View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm on an iMac, OS X 10.6.8 and can not install Pt 10.3.2. The machine has 8 GB Ram on a 500GB hard disk, with more than a 100GB still available.
The funny thing is that I was able to install it one week ago but was having some issues with my internet. I called Apple, and after some procedures, tried to open PT again and it said something was missing. After hours on the phone with Apple, we decided to re-install the OS. That should take care of the problem but it didn't.
PT installer gets stuck when there are 4 minutes left to complete the installation. Then it takes forever, only to show a msg at the end like: "Sorry, there's not enough application memory for PT to finish the installation".
It worked once though...i called avid tech support today, and after one full hour on the phone, i had to "schedule" a call back. I was here all the time today and the call never came...really lame!
I'd appreciate any help since i can't rely on avid's representatives to do what they're supposed to...
Thanks in advance!
Almost sounds like a memory leak. I don't have a suggestion other than to call Avid back up and see if they have a answer for you.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88