Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 AM

Default do I have Digital Performer files or not?

Fishing Expedition:

A client sent me a DVD filled with audio and other data mostly from (he says) Digital Performer sessions. I'm not sure, but I don't think the actual DP sessions were included. I have never used DP, but aren't digital performer files identified by the .DP extension??

If they are not, how would I know if I've got Digital Performer session files? I am willing to hire someone to open (and convert to PT 6) them if I could just find out what I've got. There are lots and lots of audio files here but I have no way to make sense of them, no project master files except for some protools files which, unhappily, only show me finished mixes without source tracks.

sincerely

c-post
Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: do I have Digital Performer files or not?

I just looked at one of my DP5 files & it doesn't have any extension at all. Weird. DP does write SDII files only. If you want to email me one of the DP project files I'll take a look at it & see what it is. By the way motu is an excellent place to get DP related questions answered.

Good luck.