Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2014, 04:29 AM

Default avid mini box 3rd generation

hi, my protools 9.06 doesn't recognize avid mini box 3rd generation; I use it in my PC to hear music, so it's working; I've uninstalled the old one and installed the new drives, bur still not working,,, here are some print secreen, ty for you help...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protools problems 2.jpg (67.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg protools problems.jpg (55.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg protools problems 3.jpg (39.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Default avid mini box 3rd generation

There is no "Mini Box" Do you mean the 3rd generation Mbox Mini? Or just 3rd generation Mbox? Post a photo if unsure. Was it working before you uninstalled the previous driver? What was changed just before it stopped working? Remove it as the system sound device in Windows and make sure no other application is using it.

What exact driver version are you installing. Are you following the install instructions and doing this with the interface disconnected? Have you fully optimized your computer, especially disabling power management and USB power management? Start at the "Help us help you..." Link above on this and every other DUC page.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:51 AM

Default Re: avid mini box 3rd generation

yes, I mean 3rd generation Mbox Mini; after 8 hours I've decided to uninstall pro tools and install it all from the begining from the original CD's; the problem is the driver I've downloaded from your site wasn't working... I'm using Mbox Mini with my Windows and works perfectly: I didn't touch the Power management, never had problems with that... I don't know what was changed just before it stopped working, just didn't recognize Mbox Mini ... thank you for your "help", take care
Old 07-10-2014, 07:45 AM

Default Re: avid mini box 3rd generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelde45 View Post
yes, I mean 3rd generation Mbox Mini; after 8 hours I've decided to uninstall pro tools and install it all from the begining from the original CD's; the problem is the driver I've downloaded from your site wasn't working... I'm using Mbox Mini with my Windows and works perfectly: I didn't touch the Power management, never had problems with that... I don't know what was changed just before it stopped working, just didn't recognize Mbox Mini ... thank you for your "help", take care
It's not my site. Did you install the 1.1.7 driver? That may work with Pro Tools 10 and 11 only, the release notes are ambiguously written. Did you try the 1.0.8 drivers?

You need to follow the install instructions for Pro Tools and do those power management and other optimizations or you will run into other problems.

You also want to be on a recent version of Pro Tools 9 like 9.0.6 or you will likely hit other known problems.