How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meech View Post
I haven't been able to find Avid's bug report form in a very long time, anyone have a link?

Avid has a bug report form?

That's been gone for years now, afaik. Gotta make the call. From what I understand, if you are making a legit bug report, your ASC is refunded.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Default Re: 10.3.2 is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by meech View Post
I haven't been able to find Avid's bug report form in a very long time, anyone have a link?
i guess you got yer answer... i've only seen it posted here n' there.. never had to myself as i was running on stone-age PT for the longest time...

Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Nope. It will turn your system nuclear and it will melt into a liquified pool of radioactive cheese and toast.
I am so glad you said something.. I was about to tell him that it is super safe and to download it through Pro Tools its self and install WITHOUT uninstalling his existing version. but you beat me to it.. touche

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dB.co.uk View Post
Don't do it! If you think Microsoft is bad, wait till Apple pulls the carpet out from beneath you regularly.

I have never had a problem with ProTools on Windows - XP or 7 64bit. It always outperforms the equivalent Mac.

I use Macs at work, shower myself thoroughly, and then use Windows at home. Using a Mac all day every day really brings it home that they're nothing special.

Best of luck with the install. Make sure your tech support person is not an Apple fanboy....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=apple+fanboy
Thanks man, I got it running eventually. I had to reinstall windows. It was on a new computer and I guess it had a bad OS install idk
also i liked the urban dictionary for apple fanboy
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM

Hi Jryser, I couldn't find a direct way to contact you. Quick question. Is the PreSonus FaderPort USB compatible with Pro Tools 10.3.2, PC, Windows 7? This device seems like an easier way to record than just using the mouse and keyboard. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
Don't know about retina display but this update is great! Working flawlessly and the automation bugs are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BASS ~ VIOLA ~ ARRANGEMENTS
With Artists STEVIE WONDER, MOBY, RIHANNA, ESPERANZA SPALDING, RANCID, JOSH GROBAN, ALIEN ANT FARM, ANDY GRAMMER, THE BODEANS, FRANK OCEAN, PAT MASTELOTTO (KING CRIMSON, XTC, THE SUGARCUBES) etc.

E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.reverbnation.com/JAYTERRIEN
http://www.facebook.com/JAYTERRIEN
http://www.twitter.com/JAYTERRIEN
http://www.myspace.com/JAYTERRIEN
http://www.jayterrien.com/home.htm
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Hi there. Yes but don't use the latest driver. I will check on which one I have. U can PM me here if u wish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Unhappy Re: 10.3.2 is Here

Looking for a little help here.

I just upgraded my whole system from an early 2005 Mac G5 running PT7.4 LE to a brand new 21" iMac Quad 3.1 running PT10. (I've been waiting for a new tower for over a year, and couldn't wait any longer). Anyway, I also ordered an Apogee Symphony, but until that arrives, I'm using my 002 Console to interface to the system.

OSX 10.8.2 PT 10.3.2

I have had no problem getting PT up and running. I've updated all of my drivers, plug ins, etc... and everything is showing up where it is supposed to be. However, when I opened an old session that was working fine on my old system (with a dual 1.8 non-intel processor and 3GB RAM), I get about 10 seconds in before I get one of a few messages...

"The operating system held off interrupts for too long. If this occurs try increasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine panel. (-6093"

My HW Buffer is already maxed out at 1024.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance...

-Mike
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoline View Post
"The operating system held off interrupts for too long. If this occurs try increasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine panel. (-6093"

My HW Buffer is already maxed out at 1024.

To add... I just checked with the System Usage meter opened, and I am getting the following readings:

CPU (Native): maxing out at no more then 4%
CPU (Clip): 0%
Disk: Maxing out at no more than 11%

This isn't making sense as to why the system is struggling. I'm using an external hard drive connected via USB3

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM

How exactly is the 002 connected - is it via an adapter?

My 002r has got increasingly grumpy, often taking ages to see the firewire, even though its not going via any adapters, and straight to the motherboard fw400 port. I switched to a PCI Emu Asio card and its been great since.

I get the feeling that fw400 isn't the best connection these days.

Aws

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

i7 5820k 6 x 4GHz (12 threads), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, BM Mini Monitor PCIe, GTX 660Ti 2GB;

Dell Laptop, i7 4x3.6GHz (8 threads ), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, GTX1060MaxQ 6GB;

"Plan B" - i7 6700k, 4 x 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Sierra, AJA Kona LHi, GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

RME FireFace802 + ARC, RME Babyface

Avid D-Command, Artist Control, V-Control, Korg MicroKontrol

7.1.2 Presonus Monitors
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM

Oh and how much RAM and how much is your cache set to?

i7 5820k 6 x 4GHz (12 threads), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, BM Mini Monitor PCIe, GTX 660Ti 2GB;

Dell Laptop, i7 4x3.6GHz (8 threads ), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, GTX1060MaxQ 6GB;

"Plan B" - i7 6700k, 4 x 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Sierra, AJA Kona LHi, GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

RME FireFace802 + ARC, RME Babyface

Avid D-Command, Artist Control, V-Control, Korg MicroKontrol

7.1.2 Presonus Monitors
Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dB.co.uk View Post
Oh and how much RAM and how much is your cache set to?

Thanks for the quick response! I'm not actually sure how to check how much RAM my cache is set to - could you advise? The computer is maxed at 16GB.

As for the 002 connection to the computer - it is my suspicion that herein is where the problem lies. Because the new iMac's don't have firewire, it is connected through a UAD Quad Sattellite in this manner: Computer > Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter > UAD (connected via FW800 port) > 002 (daisy-chained through FW400 port).

At this point, I'm just trying to get the kinks worked out b/c once the Symphony arrives, I'll need to get to work on a few sessions. Eventually, I'll be happy if the 002 is just a control surface, however, I was hoping that I could get it up and running before it arrives.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike