Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-18-2018, 01:41 PM

Default Reinstatement give me older versions of pro tools?

Hey, guys! I'm currently at 12.5, and my last update was 12.7. May be a silly question, but will reinstating my subscription to pro tools 2018 give me everything from 12.7-2018?
Old 06-18-2018, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Reinstatement give me older versions of pro tools?

The My Products section of my Avid account shows 2018.4 and 2018.3. Under "Legacy Products," I see 11 and 10, but not 12. This is odd since I never used 10 or 11, but I did use 12.

This really sounds like the kind of thing that I would want to check with an actual Avid sales rep.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:24 PM

This has happened to me. I have owned every version of protools since 6 yet I don't see all the legacy software. Hmmmm
Old 06-20-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewexhibit View Post
...will reinstating my subscription to pro tools 2018 give me everything from 12.7-2018?
I think you are referring to an Upgrade Plan (with a perpetual license), since Reinstatement doesn't apply to Subscriptions (temp license). If that's the case then yes.

The Pro Tools upgrade provides a bundle which includes licenses for Pro Tools 10.0 through current.

Pro Tools Licensing FAQ
Old 11-19-2018, 08:27 AM

Hi everyone I'm a newbie to the forum, but really need a verification on something. I currently own an HD10 license and understand that I will have to surrender that license in a re-instatement scenario. My question is will the new Ultimate license allow me to use previous versions i.e., HD9, HD10, or HD11? I haven't found a definitive answer and don't want to break my HD10 system due to license surrender.
Thanks
Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyster34 View Post
Hi everyone I'm a newbie to the forum, but really need a verification on something. I currently own an HD10 license and understand that I will have to surrender that license in a re-instatement scenario. My question is will the new Ultimate license allow me to use previous versions i.e., HD9, HD10, or HD11? I haven't found a definitive answer and don't want to break my HD10 system due to license surrender.
Thanks
Uh, Jeffro already posted the very answer to this question in the post right before yours.

And nobody here has ever said HD9 is included in the license bundle, and if you already are using HD10, why would you want a HD9 license?
Old 11-19-2018, 11:30 AM

Thanks Darryl, I understood his response to be referring an upgrade. Pardon me if I'm mistaken in there being a difference between an "upgrade" and "reinstatement" but I should have been more clear about my referring to the "reinstatement" option.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyster34 View Post
Thanks Darryl, I understood his response to be referring an upgrade. Pardon me if I'm mistaken in there being a difference between an "upgrade" and "reinstatement" but I should have been more clear about my referring to the "reinstatement" option.
Got you. "The Pro Tools upgrade provides a bundle which includes licenses for Pro Tools 10.0 through current." ... means the reinstatement and any subsequent updates you get through that perpetual license with update plan. A subscription license (think monthly/annual license rental) does not include the license bundle with older versions. The links jeffro provided explain all this well, or used to, *but* are now out of date and missing updates for Pro Tools 2018 (hint jeffro ).

Your best bet as always with licensing questions is call a sales rep at places who really deal with this stuff a lot and will stand behind whatever they tell (and sell) you, like Sweetwater or Vintage King.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:52 AM

I see, thanks a million. I called both and got an answer different from Jeffro's from one and never got the call back from the other. I won't say which because I know they are dedicated to great support.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:13 PM

Be very careful of terminology both in how you ask or the answer given. Tell folks what you have now and what you need after the upgrade usually helps clear thing up.

If Sweetwater tells you wrong seeming stuff try/ask for a different person/manager and make clear you think you were just given incorrect info. If the usual contact you get there is not great ask for a different one to be assigned. They have pretty good service and staff overall, the occasional person who is clueless on Pro Tools stuff (but they should defer to somebody else)....

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-19-2018 at 01:24 PM.