Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-09-2001, 10:15 AM

Default can\'t record with command-space

...because i installed system 9.1. it "catches" the command-space shortcut and uses it for switching between keyboard layouts. i tried to turn this off in control panels, but couldn't do it. anyone can help me?
i know i can record with f12 button, or with my control24, but i really love the command-space shorcut, especially when recording many takes and command-dot (erasing current take) is much in use.
thanx

cebolao
Old 11-09-2001, 11:21 AM

Default Re: can\'t record with command-space

Im not sure if you tried this but under the little flag in the top right corner of the mac file menu you can change your keyboard options.. There you can disable hot keys to switch layouts...

MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•
Old 11-12-2001, 05:45 AM

Hello,
I had the same problem. I tried to trash all keyboard prefs etc. No help. Only solution I found was clean install of OS.

Matti
Old 11-13-2001, 02:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by mh:
Hello,
I had the same problem. I tried to trash all keyboard prefs etc. No help. Only solution I found was clean install of OS.

Matti
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hello, mh. which os version did you install? can you turn this feature on/off during installation? my problem began when i installed mac os 9.1.

cebolao
Old 11-14-2001, 01:23 AM

I have OS 8.6.
I think it was language option for keyboard. Can't remember surely, sorry. But I had the flag menu (upper right corner of the finder) full of Japanese and Korean etc. options that I could not turn off (from anywhere).
It might be that just the clean install will do it. Check if there is any options for languages when starting clean install.

Hope this helps,
Matti