Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-09-2020, 03:28 PM

Default Re: S1 knob always writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I'm still trying to get you sorted.....
Thanks a lot Eddie..Pm me if you manage to put some sense in this ...

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2020, 05:11 PM

I'm also having this problem with the 5th knob on my S1. I've had this S1 since April, but did not start seeing the problem until now (worth noting that this S1 was actually a replacement for another faulty unit I had earlier which also had this same problem as well as the 50 second fader timeout issue). I contacted Avid support about getting this unit replaced and like lucas f, I was also told I would need to ship the faulty S1 back to avid before they can send a new one. I emailed them back asking if they could ship a replacement unit first, before I sent my current one back and even linked to Eddies post here where he says a new unit should be sent first, but they have not gotten back to me after nearly 2 weeks. Eddie (or anyone else from Avid), if you see this can you help me get things pushed through?
Old 10-23-2020, 09:05 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robingshore View Post
I'm also having this problem with the 5th knob on my S1. I've had this S1 since April, but did not start seeing the problem until now (worth noting that this S1 was actually a replacement for another faulty unit I had earlier which also had this same problem as well as the 50 second fader timeout issue). I contacted Avid support about getting this unit replaced and like lucas f, I was also told I would need to ship the faulty S1 back to avid before they can send a new one. I emailed them back asking if they could ship a replacement unit first, before I sent my current one back and even linked to Eddies post here where he says a new unit should be sent first, but they have not gotten back to me after nearly 2 weeks. Eddie (or anyone else from Avid), if you see this can you help me get things pushed through?
Can I get your case number please?

This is the current policy for S1 returns: S1 Returns/Warranty

Unfortunately, we had difficulty getting the faulty units back and had to readdress the policy. We do turn them around quickly and pay postage both ways.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Can I get your case number please?

This is the current policy for S1 returns: S1 Returns/Warranty

Unfortunately, we had difficulty getting the faulty units back and had to readdress the policy. We do turn them around quickly and pay postage both ways.
Thanks for clarifying the return policy Eddie, customer care did finally get back to me so I'm all set for now.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:14 PM

This is an old post, but I'm hoping Eddie can shed some light on the official policy regarding returning/replacing a defective S1 as I'm getting some conflicting info from Avid support. I'm currently experiencing this same issue with knob 4 on my S1 and opened a support case to get it taken care of. After a few weeks I heard back from support and they tell me that the policy is that I have to send the defective S1 before receiving a replacement (no problem) and that I have to pay out of pocket for shipping it back to Avid. I don't mind sending this S1 in before getting a replacement but Eddie can you confirm that Avid should be paying postage for the return? I see that you mentioned Avid pays postage both ways in your post from October, thought I'd check if that was still the case. Just doesn't seem fair for me to be out of pocket for that. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2021, 01:32 PM
Avid

The part where Avid pays the postage both ways in under a paid support contract or for the initial return period for this issue.
Is the S1 still under a year old?
Old 04-08-2021, 01:33 PM

Ah, okay, gotcha! I have a 1-yr subscription for Pro Tools but no separate support contract. And yeah the S1 is *just* under a year old. I think I bought it mid-April 2020 from Sweetwater.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:39 PM
Avid

Sadly, we had to fall back to our standard warranty policy after a year of advanced returns due to many users not returning the faulty S1's. Sorry for the hassle.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:42 PM

Yeah I can see how that could turn into a problem, for sure. Well thanks for clarifying, much appreciated!
Old 04-30-2021, 09:18 AM

Hi,

I think i have a unit with that problem. Looking at the return policy made me not happy at all...

We bought since march 2020, 7 units for our little company, here in France ; and we had 3 units with differents problems that were returned back to reseller before beiing changed. It was quite difficult to have simply working units.

Hopefully, for my room, the 4 S1 that i bought, worked well, but i've noticed since one week, the problem of writing knob on one unit. Not sure about a second, because it happened only once.

It is a very important problem, and this is not at all because of "wear" (usure) but because of the defect of implementation of a default component. AVid should replace all the units without a question of time.

Anyway, i can see with my reseller what can be done. But my purpose is also : are the units now without any glitches or problems ?
Does Avid identified clearly the faulty component and adressed the problem ?

Is the problem of fader afer 45 seconds adressed on ALL units ?

Are all the units now free of problems ??

Thanks