Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 01-24-2017, 05:43 AM

Default Need help : fast track m audio + mac os 10.9.5 + PT issue

Hello,

I have some issues with Pro Tools.

I want to rec a voice over with my Mac OS 10.9.5
5 years ago, I bought a fast track m audio (with pro tools M-Powered Essential 8.0.3). I tried to install PT 8.0.3, but the software is not able to complete the process : the application isn't correctly installed.

So, I thought it was a compatibilty issue : I decided to download a newer version, Pro tools First.

And finally, PT doesn't work at all : when fast track audio is plugged, PT doesn't work. I receive some alerts like "the program doesn't support other frequency (48kHz is my choice, but the software only purposes me 44,1kHz)

Someone can help me please ...? Should I download another update of pro tools ? Or just sell my Mac

Thank you

Last edited by Julfr; 01-24-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Need help : fast track m audio + mac os 10.9.5 + PT issue

I decided to uninstall PT first. Then I tried to install PT 8.0.3 one more time. Same problem at the end of the process : after 15 minutes I decided to stop the program... I reboot my mac and Pro tools application seems to work ... But doesn't recognized fast track :-/
Old 01-24-2017, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Need help : fast track m audio + mac os 10.9.5 + PT issue

I found the solution in another forum : http://community.avid.com/forums/t/124237.aspx

If you have the same problem, read above :

"Hi

I have actually solved the Fast Track USB problem and it now works with Mavericks!

I downoaded this file> http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...80533.dmg?ns=1

you can find the file here 1.9.5. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...rue&popup=true

The computer restarted

Then I uninstalled the drivers through the same file.

I also deleted the folder Avid here.. /Library/application support/Avid

Now my M-Audio Fast Track USB works!

Hope this also help you.

//// This took me 4 weeks to solve... To Avid. I am Not Impressed by you guys! Regards Sweden"

Bye