Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-03-2007, 04:48 PM

Default old stock plug ins

Hello,

I just upgraded from pro tools 6.9 to to 7.3.1 and I noticed that the new pro tools comes with a new set of stock plug-ins. I was wondering if there was any way to add the original 6.9 plug-ins back into this new version of pro-tools. Many of my old sessions used these old plug-ins and now the mixes are ruined on them. Does anyone know how to do this, or have any suggestions?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: old stock plug ins

Maybe somebody knows different, but I don't believe you can download them because they are an old version. When I went from 7.0 to 7.1.1 I had to download all new plug-in's as the plug-in's that came with 7.0 would not open up, even though I downloaded them. The weird thing is, the new plug-in's should have the info from the old plug-in's included so you can play the songs with the previous versions (that's what I've read). Maybe not if there's too much of a change. Hopefully somebody else has better news, but that's what I found out for my stuff.
Dan'o
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM

If you look in the Pro Tools application folder on your hard drive, you will see a folder called "unused plugins" (if I remember correctly).

The legacy plugins have been moved there, so you need to cut and paste them into the "plugins" folder.

Would probably be a good idea to delete prefs etc before launching Pro Tools, so that it rescans the plugin folder properly.

I personally have no idea how much longer these plugins will be supported, or if they can potentially cause compatibility problems with PT 7.3 (or eventually PT 7.4), but if Digi are looking in, perhaps someone might care to comment?

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Administrator

I don't know the answser to your last question, but the information on the legacy DigiRack plug-ins and the DigiRack Legacy Plug-ins Guide v7.3 are on this page:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24342