Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 06:45 PM

Default xpand doesnt want to install?

So ive just gotten an mbox 2 for my 20" intel iMac. its all working great, but when i went to install the xpand! plugins the installer wont finish. it gets hung up during installation at the 'running installation script'. i found the intel binary on the digidesign website and installed that, and now the plugins are available in the inserts menu when i open pro tools, but none of the effects will work. i tried using the tool that came with the binary to select where the xpand.dat is located, to no avail. then i manually copied the .dat file from the cd and the same with the plugins folder on the cd, but still the effects dont do anything. i just get silence until i bypass them.

interestingly i had this same problem when installing bfd lite. i was able to manually copy some of the samples in this case so i managed to piece together a working kit, but i wish i could get it working right =(.

has anybody else had this problem? i havent been able to find anything about it anywhere. if so, how did you fix it?