Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 AM

Default PT 8 Re-Install Fails

I'd like to first apologize for posting about PT 8 in the PT 9 forum, but our version old enough that my post wouldn't otherwise have a home.

I had PT 8 LE running on my MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.8, and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately, our factory plugins did not show up after the initial install (I'm sure I missed it when I installed). We finally got around to addressing that, the best advice I found was to do a clean uninstall and re-install.

I did the clean uninstall, but now when I try to re-install PT off of my installer I get an error saying that some packages are missing or that it can't connect to the internet and it fails. It pops up as soon as I click through all of its questions about where to install, etc. I'm certain my internet connection is great, and I don't know what could be missing if I'm installing directly off of the disk.

I dug around on my Avid account hoping that there would be a downloadable copy attached there since I registered my product, but there's nothing. Can anyone advise on what I can do?

Thanks very much in advance, and I can put up a screenshot of my error if it would be helpful.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Default Re: PT 8 Re-Install Fails

Has anyone else had success in getting a downloadable version of their Pro Tools 8 from Avid?