Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2002, 08:27 AM

Default Serato Scratch anyone??

Has anyone tried this with a turntable?

I downloaded tthe demo but havent had time to use it yet

Does it track well with a 1200??
Is It like having vinyl?
Old 12-30-2002, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Serato Scratch anyone??

I haven't used this yet, but I emailed them about automation possibilities. in other words, the ability to draw in some vinyl manipulations with a pencil tool. But nope, they said it doesn't do that. I have final scratch hooked up to a laptop and it is 100% accurate. No audible latency between the record movements and what comes out of your speakers. I was in shock when I first tried it out.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:19 PM

I'll have to agree on the final scratch comment.
Amazing product. The only time I hear any alias noise is when slowing the vinyl down to extremely slow and back up very fast or when doing backspins - but that may be more due to the needles skipping. Final scratch DOES support needle dropping. I don't think the serato thing will do that. My only complaint is that it won't run on my Dell inspiron 8200 laptop (admitedly I haven't gone out to download any updates to see if they work - it obviously is a video driver thing. It runs fine on my sony laptop though. Now if they can get firewire support going so it will work with sound files on the ipod [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 12:58 AM

Just got Serato Scratch Studio edition HD...FINALLY came out...no need for turntables (of course you can use them) but you also get the onscreen turntable which is pretty impressive.

It works great! I'm totally hyped!
Old 01-01-2003, 11:40 AM

If Serato' scratch had built presets like "CRAB SCRATCH" FLARE SCRATCH", that automatically scratched these type of patterns synced to the bpm, THAT WOULD BE INSANE. Other than hooking up serato to a turntable, I really don't know how the hell you could get any decent sounding scratches by simply moving the mouse back and forth over the virtual record player.