Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Default PT 7 won\'t recognize midi controller

I am running PT 7.0 on a PC, using an MBox2.
I cannot seem to get PT to recognize my midi controller (just a midi-equipped Casio keyboard). Nothing is listed when I go to setup->midi->input devices. And if I go to "midi studio", it won't give me any options for input port or output port. Am I missing a step? If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Thanks.
Joe
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: PT 7 won\'t recognize midi controller

I had the same issue with my Yamaha CLP-350. Whether it was hooked up or not, I get nothing in MIDI 'Input Devices' in PT LE7. From seeing other systems (Guitar Center's) running Mbox 2 w/ PT LE7 that the Mbox2 should appear in the MIDI 'Input Devices' list.

The fact that my M-Audio Ozone was recognized without problems made things more confusing, but I wanted the 8-octaves of fully-weighted keys only the CLP-350 could offer!

I Googled 'MMErefresh.exe' (ProTools MIDI refresh program) and discovered mbx2midk.sys is the Mbox2 MIDI driver that should reside in Windows/System32/Drivers. I didnn't have that driver for whatever reason. So...

I did an Mbox Firmware upgrade using the link below and voila! The driver appeared, and more importantly, the Mbox showed up as a MIDI input device in PT LE7!!!

http://archive.digidesign.com/download/mbox2/

Hanoihancock