Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 11-11-2017, 02:53 AM

Default How to activate Sonivox?

I bought Singles - Session Drums VOL 1 plugin on: http://www.avid.com/plugins/singles-session-drums-vol-1
this product appeared in my Avid Application Manager, but I cannot run
it with Pro Tools First, because the program ask/require an activation key,
but I didn't receive an activation key in my e-mail, and sonivox not starting with Pro Tools. In the e-mail there was a redeemption link, but it has not activation key just a sample activation card there...
How Can I activate this product and where is my activation key?
Old 11-11-2017, 04:28 AM

Default Re: How to activate Sonivox?

And I don't understand...Can I run, and work sonivox drum in pro tools first, or is it just work in Pro tools standard(the monthly upgraded version)?
I clicked the TRY button when the pro tools asking the activation key, and started the pro tools, but I cannot find where is Sonivox, where are drum sounds, and where are the whole thing? It isn't in the plugins menus.
How can we use this plugin? Sonivox says: the trial version has 15 days left...
In the Avid Application Manager I tried to install Sonivox, but after the installiation, the program want to restart my computer, I rebooted my computer, but nothing happens.
Near the Sonivox in Avid application manager there is an "install" word. But I installed it before.
I use Windows 8.1.
(sorry for bad english)
Old 11-12-2017, 03:49 AM

Your problem is that while ProTools First doesn't need an iLok the Sonivox plugin does need an iLok. You need either an iLok2 or iLok 3, an iLok.com account (they're free but the iLok itself isn't), and the iLok software installed on your computer.

QAPLA!
Old 11-12-2017, 10:49 AM

Default How to activate Sonivox?

In pro tools First, I don't know how to open Ez drummer1 or Sonivox plugins.
Sadly, I need a better drum plugins like these, but I don't know what I do.
I got a Sonivox code finally, but I don't see this plugin in Pro Tools First, I go to the Plugins menu and the Sonivox is not there.
I won't purchase Ez drummer1 because, I think it won't work in Pro Tools First. And it is more expensive than sonivox. I watched some videos, to how insert plugins, but some options are not avaliable in Pro Tools First, and I think it is a little bit different than standard version.
Does anybody has a working First version with drum plugins?
All I wanted to, to use drum plugins for my tracks, but it is not working.
Or how much does it cost to pay a working version?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
In pro tools First, I don't know how to open Ez drummer1 or Sonivox plugins.
Sadly, I need a better drum plugins like these, but I don't know what I do.
I got a Sonivox code finally, but I don't see this plugin in Pro Tools First, I go to the Plugins menu and the Sonivox is not there.
I won't purchase Ez drummer1 because, I think it won't work in Pro Tools First. And it is more expensive than sonivox. I watched some videos, to how insert plugins, but some options are not avaliable in Pro Tools First, and I think it is a little bit different than standard version.
Does anybody has a working First version with drum plugins?
All I wanted to, to use drum plugins for my tracks, but it is not working.
Or how much does it cost to pay a working version?
You've already been given the steps you need to take to get the plugin working. Assuming you've taken care of that opening any plugin is a simple matter: create an instrument track and click on the first insert slot in that track and select the plugin you want to insert. There are a couple of ways to organize plugins as indicated in PT's preferences. I suggest reading the manual for PT to go further.

QAPLA!
Old 11-12-2017, 12:01 PM

Pro Tools | First does not use plugins the same way Pro Tools does. For Pro Tools | First, only plugins purchased through the integrated marketplace will work with Pro Tools | First.

More info here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ro-Tools-First

Did you purchase the Sonivox plugins from the marketplace?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-12-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Pro Tools | First does not use plugins the same way Pro Tools does. For Pro Tools | First, only plugins purchased through the integrated marketplace will work with Pro Tools | First.

More info here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ro-Tools-First

Did you purchase the Sonivox plugins from the marketplace?
Even if he did it still seems like if you look at the page the op linked to in his first post that he'll still need an iLok right?

QAPLA!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:33 AM

I purchased Sonivox from here: http://www.avid.com/plugins/singles-session-drums-vol-1
from Avid page. But they didn't give me an activation code, so I purchased once more, on https://www.pluginboutique.com and I received finally a Sonivox activation code(this product: Singles - Session Drums VOL 1) and when I started Pro Tools, I wrote the code in Sonivox and it accepted my code, but I cannot open this plugin, and in the Avid Application Manager there is an "Install" logo next to Sonivox.
Maybe Installiation is failed, beacuse when the program finished the setup, the program says: "You have to restart your computer". I restart the windows(8.1), but nothing happens.

Perhaps this plugin is not working in Pro Tools First but I didn't know that.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Even if he did it still seems like if you look at the page the op linked to in his first post that he'll still need an iLok right?
The page does state that an iLok 2 is required. But, the Sonivox plugins I have can be activated to computer as well. I have no idea if Avid does something different to the plugins in order to require them to use a dongle. That would be weird if they did.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-13-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
I purchased Sonivox from here: http://www.avid.com/plugins/singles-session-drums-vol-1
from Avid page. But they didn't give me an activation code, so I purchased once more, on https://www.pluginboutique.com and I received finally a Sonivox activation code(this product: Singles - Session Drums VOL 1) and when I started Pro Tools, I wrote the code in Sonivox and it accepted my code, but I cannot open this plugin, and in the Avid Application Manager there is an "Install" logo next to Sonivox.
Maybe Installiation is failed, beacuse when the program finished the setup, the program says: "You have to restart your computer". I restart the windows(8.1), but nothing happens.

Perhaps this plugin is not working in Pro Tools First but I didn't know that.
After you entered the code, what happened? From what I can remember last time I activated a Sonivox plugin, the serial number they give you is a redemption code for an iLok license. Do you have the iLok license manager installed? You should since you have Pro Tools | First.

Where are you looking for the plugin in your plugin list? Did you create a STEREO INSTRUMENT track and then check?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio