How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Problem renewing update plan

Thanks Jimmy, I did submit request for assistance monday. So far, I haven't heard anything.
That means at this point, I'm out 99 bucks with an unusable code and other than Tom and Jimmy no one at Avid aware of the problem people in my situation ( assuming I'm not the only person trying to renew a annual upgrade plan without support) are facing.
Thanks again Tom and Jimmy for your time.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTB View Post
That means at this point, I'm out 99 bucks with an unusable code...

I wouldn't say you're out $99. Your current plan is through the end of this month right? I'm sure your issue will be ironed out before then.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-16-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
I wouldn't say you're out $99. Your current plan is through the end of this month right? I'm sure your issue will be ironed out before then.
Jimmy, I received a response this morning from Avid, and they're looking into my issue. My upgrade plan is still active for the rest of this month, and I do agree with you I shouldn't feel I'm out the $99, and should be patient at this point.
I very much appreciate your help.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Problem renewing update plan [solved-for now]

I'm glad you're seeing some progress here, Ron.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-17-2017, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Problem renewing update plan [solved-for now]

I am having the same issue. There is no possible way for me to renew. I have opened a support case but have not heard back yet. My plan expires at the end of this month. Glad I didn't wait until the last moment.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:15 AM

Default Re: "Renew Support" option is missing from a current Annual Upgrade Plan

What was the fix for this? I have the same problem
Old 03-17-2017, 10:22 AM

Default Re: "Renew Support" option is missing from a current Annual Upgrade Plan

I have a support case open that is waiting for tech support to apply my update code to my Avid account.
Very frustrating. I tried to plan ahead and get it done before the end of the month and now it is probably going to lapse while waiting for Avid to take the code I paid for from Sweetwater and apply it to my Avid account.

So technically, there is no resolution as of yet. At least for me. And i keep adding an entry to my support case every couple days so they won't close it.

Worst part is because of this situation I bought my HD renewal 4 months in advance. Had that code applied in 3 minutes from purchase to entry in Avid account. And yet for my backup vanilla license I sit and wait for Avid to "apply" the already purchased code to my account.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 03-17-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
I have a support case open that is waiting for tech support to apply my update code to my Avid account.
Very frustrating. I tried to plan ahead and get it done before the end of the month and now it is probably going to lapse while waiting for Avid to take the code I paid for from Sweetwater and apply it to my Avid account.

So technically, there is no resolution as of yet. At least for me. And i keep adding an entry to my support case every couple days so they won't close it.

Worst part is because of this situation I bought my HD renewal 4 months in advance. Had that code applied in 3 minutes from purchase to entry in Avid account. And yet for my backup vanilla license I sit and wait for Avid to "apply" the already purchased code to my account.
I would hope that even with a lapsed account, that they will honor the purchase. If I don't hear back from them by the end of Monday I will be purchasing an upgrade from Sweetwater as well so I have a good solid paper trail.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjlee View Post
I would hope that even with a lapsed account, that they will honor the purchase. If I don't hear back from them by the end of Monday I will be purchasing an upgrade from Sweetwater as well so I have a good solid paper trail.
I know there is a 30 day "lapse period" but it still disconcerting that there is not a renew link for the vanilla version in my account, but it seems that a web developer missed some code someplace.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 03-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
Very frustrating. I tried to plan ahead and get it done before the end of the month and now it is probably going to lapse while waiting for Avid to take the code I paid for from Sweetwater and apply it to my Avid account...
Hi,
I've just checked the case and it's still in progress. But we'll make sure that your contract will be renewed. As long as you have the code, you won't be needing to pay any extra. Feel free to reply to the support case if you have further inquiries and our Licensing reps should be with you.

Thanks!
TD
Closed Thread