Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 06-28-2014, 07:45 PM

Default ilok not authorizing?

Hi,

I am new to the thread. I have a question regarding the ilok. I have had pro tools express on my system, and somehow deleted by mistake. I went on Avid site to my account and re downloaded it again. All went well except now when I try to open it up I get an error that the ilok is missing, which can't be, cause I have a valid ilok account and license plus I went into my computer to see if pace license support is installed and it is. Was wondering what I can do to solve this problem. Great forum!! Thanks for the help.

Wayne51663
Old 06-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: ilok not authorizing?

Try a Sync/Repair on your iLok:
Quote:
Please use the following steps to perform a Sync/Repair operation.

IMPORTANT: For the quickest and best result, we recommend going through these steps with each affected iLok individually, with ONLY that iLok plugged in.

The first generation iLok is not as speedy as the second generation iLok; please be patient as this type of iLok will take longer and the process may seem slow or like nothing is happening. Don’t quit the process, leave it alone until it is finished. Seriously! Don’t touch the keyboard.
  1. Unplug all iLoks from your computer.
  2. Launch iLok License Manager. If you see "operation in progress" immediately upon launching, wait until the message clears before signing in. BE PATIENT. Do not close the application. When the initial operation is finished, sign in.
  3. Plug in ONE iLok.
  4. Double-click the plugged in iLok in the left-hand location column to open the Details Pane.
  5. Click the "Sync/Repair" link, and wait until the process completes. Again, be patient and let it do its job. The progress bar may flicker and at some points it may look like nothing is happening but you need to wait for the confirmation that the process is finished. This may take some time, especially for a first generation iLok.
  6. Verify that all expected licenses are now seen on your iLok, or in some cases, a license may be in your account instead of on the iLok. All expired licenses will be moved to your account.

Repeat steps 3-6 until you have performed a Sync/Repair on each iLok.
If you have a problem doing that, download and install the latest version of the iLok License Manager again from www.iLok.com
Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Hi thanks for the input. I did look at my ilok license manager, and I don't see anything about syncing in there. So I sent a request over to ilok support. I don't understand from just reinstalling my pro tools, I don't seem to have license authorization. Doesn't make sense to me. Now I know why people run from pro tools. It is a great daw, but way to many problems getting things to run right.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:09 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the input. Ok I updated ilok manager, and it worked. Pro tools now loads up but the problem now is every time it scans through the plug ins, and it hits the air chorus it freezes up and I have to close it out. I have tried 4 times to load up pro tools and every time it hits the air chorus plug in, it freezes up I can't say what i'm thinking right now but you could guess my words.... What is the problem I have never in my life seen anything like this, trying to get a program to run.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Admin Emeritus

What are your system details?

What OS version do you have?

How much RAM?
Old 07-01-2014, 09:08 AM

Hi Bruce
thanks again for the help. ok I am running windows 7 home premium. with 3.2 GHz 2 terabyte hard drive 6 gigs of ram. so it should run. I had it running before untill I accidentally deleted it. but for some reason it doesn't want to run right. I have deleted it and reinstalled it and it still does it. I tried deleting the air chorus to see if that was the problem but as soon as it hit the next plug in it froze up so I really don't get it since it was running before
Old 07-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Hi all,

Ok this is really driving me insane! I completely wiped out my computer and started back from the beginning as if I just bought it. I went to ilok site and downloaded the license manager. Then I downloaded the pace license support for windows 64. Ok then I went to Avid site, and logged in and went to pro tools express and downloaded the application again. it is on a zip file. then I open it up and went to setup.exe and down loaded it. Now when I go to download the set up file, I get this window that pops up and says, that i need a pace license support to download the app. When I click on get it, it says none is installed. Now how in the world can that be. I just loaded it from the ilok site, and it is my computer under programs 86 file, so it is installed on my computer but yet pro tools installer says it is not found. How can that be?? I honestly don't know what to do at this point because I have tried everything. I would even take a phone cal at 845 527 9127 for help. I am on eastern time zone.

Thanks for any help

wayne51663
Old 07-03-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne51663 View Post
I went to ilok site and downloaded the license manager. Then I downloaded the pace license support for windows 64.
You didn't say anything about an ilok v2 nor inserting the ilok nor sync'n it. #important

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne51663 View Post
Ok then I went to Avid site, and logged in and went to pro tools express and downloaded the application again. it is on a zip file. then I open it up and went to setup.exe and down loaded it. Now when I go to download the set up file,

You didn't download the setup file when u clicked on it, you started the application. makes me think something is being overlooked.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.