Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2008, 12:29 PM

Default Free Amplitube 2 Duo for PT users!

I just received the following email from IK Multimedia. Nice! Get it here:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/index.php?Community

__________________________________________________ __

AmpliTube 2 DUO & Ampeg SVX UNO Now Available
Free to Digidesign's AmpliTube LE Users

IK Multimedia has upgraded all Digidesign users to AmpliTube 2 DUO! This exciting new software is available via download for all existing AmpliTube LE users and will be shipping soon in all new Pro Tools Ignition Packs. And for a limited time, receive Ampeg SVX UNO, too!

AmpliTube 2 DUO is a special edition of AmpliTube 2, IK's award-winning amp & stompbox modeling software. DUO updates AmpliTube LE's features with more realistic tone, separate preamp, EQ, & power amp modeling, and all new amp, cabinet, mic and stomp-box models. AmpliTube 2's Dual Rig technology lets you freely combine 2 independent pedal boards, amps, cabinets, and rack FX to create truly amazing sonic combinations.

Ampeg SVX UNO delivers one of the four classic Ampeg® amps from Ampeg SVX. Like AmpliTube 2 DUO, Ampeg SVX UNO gives you access to models of classic gear, from an Ampeg® bass chorus pedal to the famous BA-500 amp and cabinet. Blend the amped and direct signal for the perfect amount of Ampeg® tone.

Both AmpliTube 2 DUO and Ampeg SVX UNO are compatible with the latest Intel Mac and Windows Vista DAW systems, and deliver innovative new features and perfect tone for AmpliTube LE users.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Free Amplitube 2 Duo for PT users!

I just downloaded and authorized...one little oversight on their part (or I missed it in the email):

I tried to use my old Amplitube LE serial number and authorization codes. They don't work.

I went onto the IK site and looked up my product authorizations. Apparently, they had already pre-assigned me a serial number, so you might need to check there to get it as well.

BTW, the one downside to this new app is that if you try to do too much with it, it will tell you "that feature is only available on the UPGRADE, would you like to upgrade?". Kind of annoying, but I guess that's the price for "free" software.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
BTW, the one downside to this new app is that if you try to do too much with it, it will tell you "that feature is only available on the UPGRADE, would you like to upgrade?". Kind of annoying, but I guess that's the price for "free" software.
It's called, "Reeling The Sucker In."
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:03 AM

I haven't found anything in my account. Strange, IKM haas always accurate info and user area is regularly updated. I'd like to try it though I will never use it cause for my taste GTR3 is unbeatable.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 01-06-2008, 08:18 AM

I still have LE after installing the Duo. It didn't overwrite it.

It DOES sound a lot better than LE though. I can't imagine I'll be using LE much after this. I also have GR3, which sounds killer. This new Duo is no slouch. Although not as versatile as GR3, the sound quality is in the same ballpark - just different. I compared the two a bit last night. GR3 has a LOT more versatility with different amps and rack effects, but you gotta love the price of the Duo!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I still have LE after installing the Duo. It didn't overwrite it.

It DOES sound a lot better than LE though. I can't imagine I'll be using LE much after this. I also have GR3, which sounds killer. This new Duo is no slouch. Although not as versatile as GR3, the sound quality is in the same ballpark - just different. I compared the two a bit last night. GR3 has a LOT more versatility with different amps and rack effects, but you gotta love the price of the Duo!

Did you download and install both of the freebies?
My account entitled me to both AmpliTube 2 DUO and Ampeg SVX UNO.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Yep, and also updated T-Racks EQ and the Amplitube LE version as well. I had older versions of both.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I haven't found anything in my account. Strange, IKM haas always accurate info and user area is regularly updated. I'd like to try it though I will never use it cause for my taste GTR3 is unbeatable.
I haven't got it either so it may be a US only thing for now.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't got it either so it may be a US only thing for now.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
I doubt it. I've got mine. I would email them and ask.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:34 PM

I "hate" IK Multimedia. (Yes, I know hating's bad - but really!)
I got the e-mail too. So, they say they are giving you something free.
I downloaded the Duo, tried to open it in ProTools. It asks for a serial number... well what is it? I don't know; I just downloaded it from their own website - I've never had it before; could they give me a clue?
I trashed it, just like I have everything from IK Multimedia.
I won't miss it, I'm pretty sure.