Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-15-2015, 10:57 PM
guatamas guatamas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 645
Default Stomp Box Effects

This may be a silly question but is there a way I can get (purchase) the 17 stomp box effects that come with the subscription plan?

In other words, I am looking to get a perpetual license of these plugins without having to purchase Pro Tools 12 with a support plan (I already have a student subscription)

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2015, 12:17 AM
Stig Eliassen's Avatar
Stig Eliassen Stig Eliassen is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway @ Studio Varmt & Trangt
Posts: 7,455
Default Re: Stomp Box Effects

Unfortunately not. They are exclusively through your All Access Annual Upgrade and Support Plan, Annual Plug-in and Support Plan, or Pro Tools subscription.
__________________
Studio rig - Pro Tools|HDX 2018.7 | Logic Pro X.4.2 | Avid HD I/O (8x8x8) | 6-core 3.33 Westmere w/24GB RAM | OS 10.12.3 | D-Command ES | Eleven Rack | Vienna Ensemble Pro 5
Mobile rig - Macbook Pro i7 w/16GB RAM | UA Apollo 8p | Pro Tools|HD 2018.3 | Logic Pro X.4.2 | OS 10.12.6
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2015, 03:18 AM
Tobias Eichelberg Tobias Eichelberg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 337
Default Re: Stomp Box Effects

The good news is, however, that they don't need an iLok license. So if you subscribe once, you will be able to keep the stomp plug-ins after you subscription expires.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2015, 06:01 AM
clausiii's Avatar
clausiii clausiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,801
Default Stomp Box Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Eichelberg View Post
The good news is, however, that they don't need an iLok license. So if you subscribe once, you will be able to keep the stomp plug-ins after you subscription expires.

I think that's not true and doesn't make sense. I think the stomp box plugins are covered by the PT Plan licence. When this license expires you are not able to use them.
__________________
My ears! My ears!
clausiii
-----------------
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2019.5
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Mojave
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise

Last edited by clausiii; 11-16-2015 at 06:01 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2015, 06:12 AM
Stig Eliassen's Avatar
Stig Eliassen Stig Eliassen is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway @ Studio Varmt & Trangt
Posts: 7,455
Default Re: Stomp Box Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
I think that's not true and doesn't make sense. I think the stomp box plugins are covered by the PT Plan licence. When this license expires you are not able to use them.
True. It's a subscription with an expiration date. I am not aware of other types of licensing for these plugins.
__________________
Studio rig - Pro Tools|HDX 2018.7 | Logic Pro X.4.2 | Avid HD I/O (8x8x8) | 6-core 3.33 Westmere w/24GB RAM | OS 10.12.3 | D-Command ES | Eleven Rack | Vienna Ensemble Pro 5
Mobile rig - Macbook Pro i7 w/16GB RAM | UA Apollo 8p | Pro Tools|HD 2018.3 | Logic Pro X.4.2 | OS 10.12.6
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Tobias Eichelberg Tobias Eichelberg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Cologne, Germany
Posts: 337
Default Re: Stomp Box Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
I think that's not true and doesn't make sense. I think the stomp box plugins are covered by the PT Plan licence. When this license expires you are not able to use them.
Wrong. Period. I know for sure and AVID has even said so (somewhere). They don't require an iLok license.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2015, 02:40 PM
ghostwriter's Avatar
ghostwriter ghostwriter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 746
Default Re: Stomp Box Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Eichelberg View Post
AVID has even said so (somewhere).
Well, there you go.
__________________
A few of of my favorite toys: Retro Instruments 176 (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM 70, SPX90, Roland SDE 3000...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2015, 02:45 PM
guatamas guatamas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 645
Default Re: Stomp Box Effects

Thanks for the replies. It's a bummer because they look promising from the video demos I have seen.

Part of me thought that you got these plugins as part of the eleven rack expansion pack or some sort.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Stig Eliassen's Avatar
Stig Eliassen Stig Eliassen is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway @ Studio Varmt & Trangt
Posts: 7,455
Default Re: Stomp Box Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Eichelberg View Post
Wrong. Period. I know for sure and AVID has even said so (somewhere). They don't require an iLok license.
Also true. You can do an in-app purchase if you use PT|First, and that doesn't require an iLok.

http://www.avid.com/US/Products/ElevenEffects#overview
__________________
Studio rig - Pro Tools|HDX 2018.7 | Logic Pro X.4.2 | Avid HD I/O (8x8x8) | 6-core 3.33 Westmere w/24GB RAM | OS 10.12.3 | D-Command ES | Eleven Rack | Vienna Ensemble Pro 5
Mobile rig - Macbook Pro i7 w/16GB RAM | UA Apollo 8p | Pro Tools|HD 2018.3 | Logic Pro X.4.2 | OS 10.12.6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Stomp box plugins? audioluche Pro Tools 12 21 10-09-2015 10:46 PM
PA's New Bassdude amp and 4 new stomp boxes knothardly AAX Plug-ins 12 09-22-2015 07:07 AM
Stomp IO FS w/ Amplitube 3 TMJRecordings Buy & Sell 0 09-16-2012 09:59 AM
Rumor - can you stomp it for me? IntelDoc 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 20 03-30-2004 07:21 PM
Stomp boxes in Israel bassbuddy General Discussion 4 08-22-2002 12:11 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com