How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-08-2018, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Black List Plug ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
I was having lots of problems/crashes with Sonivox strings and big bang. Was very thankful I paid only a buck for each. lol So far so good in High Sierra.
I have Twist 2 and so far no problems hope this holds when I up to High Sierra
Avid HD Omni I/O Interface ...Mid 2010 Mac Pro/ processor- 3.33 6-core Intel Xeon "Westmere" w/ Memory- 24 GB, Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI Graphics Card..... OS- Mojave 10.14.6, and PTHDN 2019.12 on on primary boot drive (SSD PCIe 512 GB Samsung SM951) FCPX files storage on Samsung 970 EVO 1TB and PT sessions storage on 2nd Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB -- both in dual drive Crest I/O PCIE controller adaptor card

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding" Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-08-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown_BE View Post
unfortunately slate trigger 2 is a buggy thing too.. I use it on so many sessions and I´m having problems with it since I upgraded to PT12

Don’t suppose you have an S6 or are using another Eucon surface ?
On our rig with S6, if you attention the channel with Trigger inserted … bosh, crash city.
Have had Eddie helping me hassle Slate, but Slate ain’t fixing it.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by del cosmos View Post
I made a "black list" of the plug ins that are causing problems on my system, we blame Protools very often and sometimes the culprit is a damn plug in.

I know it depends on each individual computer, PT version and OS, but right now I have some plug ins that were causing many crashes and I would like to share just in case someone is experiencing the same.

Btw, I only use original software and I am using PT12.6.1 running Yosemite 10.10.5.

My black list:

1- Nomad Factory Cosmos: a BIG trouble maker!

2- Nomad Factory ECHOES: sometimes it crash my Protools, it seems that this company is abandoned.

3- Some IK multimedia plug ins, mostly when you use their T-Racks "custom shop rack".

4- FXPansion Geist2: this plug in works great but sometimes it crash PT when you have an instance with multiple outputs routed to aux tracks and want to commit, after the "Hide and make inactive" process, Protools will Crash.

5- Ironically, most of the AIR plug ins.

6- Blue Cat Wrapper, always crash my system.

These are my top 6 "crashers".

I'm sure many of these plug ins maybe don't crash on your system, but I would like to know those who give you problems to keep an eye on those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black list is a good idea, but without knowing your system, RAM, etc. it's not really helpful to others.

Add your system and specs to your signature (under User CP) and then we know what you've got, which may be why these don't run. I have all of the AIR PT Instrument Expansion Pack running on my system and they aren't any issue, nor are any of the AIR effects.

blueCat audio Spectrum Analyzer - not an issue for me either.

It's a bummer that PluginUpdate has finally stopped working, as it was an excellent app to scan your plugins and see what new ones were available vs. having to go to each website to see if a new updater was there.
2013 15" MBP, 16GB, 512GB SSD; 10.15.2; 1.5TB FW800 External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2019.12
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 01-08-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Black list is a good idea, but without knowing your system, RAM, etc. it's not really helpful to others.

Add your system and specs to your signature (under User CP) and then we know what you've got, which may be why these don't run. I have all of the AIR PT Instrument Expansion Pack running on my system and they aren't any issue, nor are any of the AIR effects.

blueCat audio Spectrum Analyzer - not an issue for me either.

It's a bummer that PluginUpdate has finally stopped working, as it was an excellent app to scan your plugins and see what new ones were available vs. having to go to each website to see if a new updater was there.

Sorry, I thought it was on my signature.

Mac Pro 2x 3.46 6 core Intel Xeon.
64gb ram
Sierra 10.12.6
Protools HDX2 12.8.3
S6 24 faders

And yes Air Plug ins = Crash City on a freshly installed OS and PT.

Happy new year.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priorytools View Post
Don’t suppose you have an S6 or are using another Eucon surface ?
On our rig with S6, if you attention the channel with Trigger inserted … bosh, crash city.
Have had Eddie helping me hassle Slate, but Slate ain’t fixing it.

S6 here! Yes, I confirm Slate Trigger crash on Protools 12.8.3

Hope they fix this soon!

Old 01-09-2018, 03:16 AM

I agree about Nomad Factory Echoes and Cosmos bering the cause of some of my crashes. They give me problems some times, but not always. Yesterday definitely... BUT, they are very good. Cosmos is often the best PI for me to magically create some deep low end and full bottom for weedy kicks I get in sessions from customers for mixing. What else is good for this, do you guys think? I have most plugins on earth, but every time I try others, they don't quite measure up to Cosmos... Also, Echoes has a very analog like quality that is almost as good as Echo Farm. I sold EF when it was discontinued and refuse to pay for it again... McDSP EC300 is a good substitute for Echoes, but has too many parameters and perhaps not the same mojo...

Phone +46707773443
Old 01-09-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
I haven't had problems with any of the plugins mentioned(so far). I do have long load times with the Izotope plugins, but they work fine. And if I try to change certain plugins during playback it will seize for 15- 20 seconds. So I try to avoid that by choosing No insert before selecting an alternate. I don't have any slate stuff loaded and though I have a few IK I find the interfaces so clunky I don't use them much, which is a shame cuz ive used their stuff since PT 5.3 and always liked it. Probably just me.
It's not just you as I've been with IK since my Sonar 3 days and their fx gui's are NOT fun to use. The only good ones are their LA2A and 1176 emulations; the rest are ****e - not intuitive at all.

QAPLA!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
I agree about Nomad Factory Echoes and Cosmos bering the cause of some of my crashes. They give me problems some times, but not always. Yesterday definitely... BUT, they are very good. Cosmos is often the best PI for me to magically create some deep low end and full bottom for weedy kicks I get in sessions from customers for mixing. What else is good for this, do you guys think? I have most plugins on earth, but every time I try others, they don't quite measure up to Cosmos... Also, Echoes has a very analog like quality that is almost as good as Echo Farm. I sold EF when it was discontinued and refuse to pay for it again... McDSP EC300 is a good substitute for Echoes, but has too many parameters and perhaps not the same mojo...
I've had the odd crash with Cosmos; very inconsistent if/when it would go bad.

Echoes is great for when I need a real old school echo/delay and works quite well on a number of sources. I'd also demoe'd EC300 and quite frankly wasn't impressed enough to buy it considering I have other s/w that betters it (at least for me). There wasn't anything special about it.

QAPLA!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post

Yes, Cosmos is awesome! I love it on my Drum Buss. I agree with you, ECHOES was great.

It seems that the developer of Nomad Factory unfortunately died and the company have no direction.

Hope somebody rescue the company and release new updates.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:33 AM

Would like to add Cocell Somu to the list. This plugin was helpful to me when first released nearly a year ago, but now crashes when instantiated. It also relies on an internet connection to check your license (every instantiation) which too crashed my sessions (when not online), back when it worked at all. The plugin is static at a 1.0 release. I've written the developer twice and got no response. Small company, I imagine one person, but to release a product, sell it, and then seemingly totally abandon it shortly afterwards is not ethically sound.

PTHD 12.8.3
OSX 10.12.6
Eucon 3.7