Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2009, 02:05 PM

Default plugins that are exclusive to HD systems

I am debating on HD versus LE and want to know exactly what I can't do with LE in terms of plug-ins. What are the plug-ins that work only with HD systems? If there's a list of these I'd appreciate a link.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 AM

Default Re: plugins that are exclusive to HD systems

Why dont you do some research, think about the plugins you might want and then go to the manufacturers website and have a look for RTAS/TDM compatability

PT10HD5 PCIX in 64Bit Magma Chassis,
2x192io's + 2x96io's & Legacy io's
Pro Control & Fader Pack
UAD2 Quad, Octo & All Plugins
Black Lion Audio Modified MOTU 24io and 2408MK3 x2
TC Powercore PCI MK2 x2 & Firewire

Softube, Sonnox, Eventide, SSL, McDSP, Waves
Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 AM

Welcome to the board! There certainly are many plugins that are specific to ProToolsHD such as the ANTHOLOGY bundle from EVENTIDE. Some others include Digidesign's REVERB ONE and REVIBE. What kind of plugins are you in need of or considering? There is an extensive list---but honestly just going out on your own to find these is no small task either.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Before I asked this question on here I did check out the Digidesign site as I thought that was the natural place for such a comprehensive list - as it would be a selling point for HD3 - the stuff that makes HD3 'unique', why people should spend money on it versus LE or competitor products. However, I could not find such a list so I thought perhaps I was missing something obvious and I posted here. From your responses I take it that you know of no such list kept up to date by Digidesign? The fact is that nobody is better equipped to put together such a list and keep it up to date as they certify plug-ins so they actually must have a master list - I don't imagine it would be too hard to simply put it up on the site. If that's not the case please let me know. It seems to me having every person who wants to make this decision do the research themselves when the company that would profit from that research already has it readily available is not the best promotional or consumer-friendly strategy.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:43 AM

After a while people start demanding plugins that are NOT DAW-specific...that you can move from DAW to DAW. I'm using izotope Alloy right now as a channel strip because I can use it in any DAW (even LE with Alloy's zero-latency mode).

The DAW vendors try to lock you in with DAW-specific plugins, getting their claws into you and making it more and more painful to face migrating out. Which you will have to do, even if only to move sessions to other rigs.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlesterc View Post
Before I asked this question on here I did check out the Digidesign site as I thought that was the natural place for such a comprehensive list - as it would be a selling point for HD3 - the stuff that makes HD3 'unique', why people should spend money on it versus LE or competitor products. However, I could not find such a list so I thought perhaps I was missing something obvious and I posted here. From your responses I take it that you know of no such list kept up to date by Digidesign? The fact is that nobody is better equipped to put together such a list and keep it up to date as they certify plug-ins so they actually must have a master list - I don't imagine it would be too hard to simply put it up on the site. If that's not the case please let me know. It seems to me having every person who wants to make this decision do the research themselves when the company that would profit from that research already has it readily available is not the best promotional or consumer-friendly strategy.
You cant have looked that hard:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...id=100&mkt=all

PT10HD5 PCIX in 64Bit Magma Chassis,
2x192io's + 2x96io's & Legacy io's
Pro Control & Fader Pack
UAD2 Quad, Octo & All Plugins
Black Lion Audio Modified MOTU 24io and 2408MK3 x2
TC Powercore PCI MK2 x2 & Firewire

Softube, Sonnox, Eventide, SSL, McDSP, Waves
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM

The following appear to be TDM only. There may be others.

impact
tc electronic- non lin; VSS3 etc.
master x-3
drawmer dynamics
revibe
reverb one
aural exciter
big bottom
phoenix
Indigo/VIrus
Amp Farm (discontinued but sitll functional)
echo farm
Pitch Blender
TimeBlender
h949
quadravox
Factory