Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2014, 06:37 AM

Default Re: I can hear my mic, just not in ANY DAW!!! Just started happening... please help!!

The session you have loaded isn't routed to your hardware I/O. The labeled names in your I/O Setup don't match the I/O names on your tracks in the Mix window, hence you won't be able to get any input or even hear any output. The hardware input and output names of each track should be identical to the input/output names in the I/O Setup. Your screenshots don't show this, hence something was changed at somepoint. Even your Master fader shows it isn't being routed to Main Output L/R of your I/O Setup, as indicated by it's output name which should be identical. You need to route the input and output of your tracks, including your master fader. As Darryl mentioned above, create a fresh new session with only one master fader and one audio track first. I'd advise not to use a previous session with complex routing during your troubleshooting steps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Default Re: I can hear my mic, just not in ANY DAW!!! Just started happening... please help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April.nettles17 View Post
where can I find mbox mixer...?

I don't have hermit to 24.
Only 64, 128, 256,512 well scratch that all of those have sinc at the end of them the 6 point is the only one with hermit
something is not right here there should be 16 24 32 before 64-----

some pc diver are may not working correctly check control plane device manager
for yellowfags.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popajoe View Post
sorry about that confusion but it's not the knob that i was looking for but missing diver same ? they were asking but looking for a difference reason. a virus was in the report of this pc and you know what that means some things can be taken out but show up in device manager as yellow fags or not . some ? i ask was before the Sandra report so i ask for to see somethings one of them you are referring to came from my ?ing .But it look like they lost the onbord audio that would keep it from opening in the daws if defaulting the I/O's did not work.

like in the OS sound card i am look for a working audio diver on the OS other than the min mbox if you deactivate the min and there's no green diver showing up that means a lost of on board audio . if that's the case the OS will lock on to it until that fix's
it may mean reinstalling the OS in my opinion if it's a laptop it may need to be repaired or replace if it's a desk top look for audio cable connections at rear of PC make srure it's connected to working speaker
I have opened a new session with only one mono track and stereo master fader. Same issue. Also the only speakers hooked up are the krk monitors and on the playback tab in system settings they are named mbox speakers. The onboard sound card which is named Digital Audio (S/PDIF) is the only other sound card that's there and it is set to default.

On the recording tab there are two microphone and two line in one being the mbox.

I cannot restore to earlier date because like the 22nd, which is when it worked fine...because that date is no longer available, because of windows updates and installs and uninstalls of drivers since I've been troubleshooting. The latest date i can choose is the 30th and this started on the 27th....

I do believe something changed with the system itself because the first thing i did was try to restore to earlier date when this first happened and it said it couldn't be restored.

I do believe the operating systems has changed in some way I can't change it back.... Maybe you are correct the onboard sound card is what is preventing it from working correctly. So you are suggesting reinstall of that...? It's going to be a long day. There is so much to back up.....smh
Old 11-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popajoe View Post
something is not right here there should be 16 24 32 before 64-----

some pc diver are may not working correctly check control plane device manager
for yellowfags.
Nothing is necessarily wrong there. You are not helping here.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I have opened a new session with only one mono track and stereo master fader.
Screenshot please, as requested before of that session clearly showing the IO settings.

And it may not be causing this.... but again what exact version of Pro Tools are you running? Did you install Pro Tools or Pro Tools Express (and are trying to run that with a HD asset on an iLok?) By any chance did you install Pro Tools HD over the top of an existing Pro Tools Express install?
Old 11-01-2014, 01:00 PM

Pictures coming in a minute. I'm backing up my files to a toshiba hdd with windows backup.

So a pro tools install would affect how the mbox works in other daw's? The same issue is happening in Fruity Loops and Audacity. isn't this mbox stand alone... meaning I can use it with other programs.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
So a pro tools install would affect how the mbox works in other daw's? The same issue is happening in Fruity Loops and Audacity. isn't this mbox stand alone... meaning I can use it with other programs.
No Pro Tool itself will not affect those other programs. But it seems quite a few things might be screwy here. I tried to explain that question may not affect this current problem at all.

Your best bet may be to do a clean new Windows install. Then install the bare minimum drivers, like just your graphics drivers, the correct version of the Mbox Mini driver 1.1.8 not 1.1.7 - but no that should not cause this current problem), then Pro Tools (not Express). Follow all install instructions and do full optimization after the install.

Do not install ASIO4ALL. Do not use a Dell recovery disk. Get a clean Microsoft Windows disk, do not install bulk driver bundles from Dell if you can avoid it, just go direct to the vendors web site and get their drivers. Do not run Microsoft update. Get Pro Tools working first. If you are redoing a Window install you need larger memory DIMMS installed anyhow and I would install 64-bit Windows, you are currently running only 32-bit Windows.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
...Maybe you are correct the onboard sound card is what is preventing it from working correctly. So you are suggesting reinstall of that...? It's going to be a long day.
I myself personally wouldn't do that at this point just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Screenshot please, as requested before of that session clearly showing the IO settings.

And it may not be causing this.... but again what exact version of Pro Tools are you running? Did you install Pro Tools or Pro Tools Express (and are trying to run that with a HD asset on an iLok?) By any chance did you install Pro Tools HD over the top of an existing Pro Tools Express install?
Please answer all of the above questions presented by Darryl, as it will help us with troubleshooting advice we can offer. Along with the I/O Setup screenshot of the new session, please also include screenshots of the following:

Master fader output:

Audio track input:

Just to note, your I/O labels will look different than mine which is expected. Thanks.

Shane
Attached Images
File Type: png MFO.png (6.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png ATI.png (15.2 KB, 0 views)

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-01-2014, 01:39 PM

Default Re: I can hear my mic, just not in ANY DAW

Also include a screenshot of your playback engine with the drop down menu displayed:

If you don't have a drop down menu, then show it as it's normally displayed. Thanks.

Shane
Attached Images
File Type: png PBE.png (6.2 KB, 0 views)

Old 11-01-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
...again what exact version of Pro Tools are you running?
The Trackinput Monitoring button in their attatched screenshot shows the user is running the Pro Tools HD software. Only HD has this in the UI:

Shane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PTHD.jpg (13.9 KB, 0 views)