Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Avid

Default Re: Upgraded to 12.7.1 and now license not allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregX View Post
Same problem here. "You are trying to run a newer version..."
I have been keeping up to date from the Avid Application Manager, and this is the latest Pro Tools, and can't run it.
Hi GregX,

The Email you're using on your profile also seems to be not associated with any Avid Account. Please update your Email or you can also create a support case and our licensing team should be in touch with you soon. (create a support case here)

Thanks,
TD
Old 02-27-2017, 08:38 AM

Default Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed..." with PT 12.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi misterwine,
Please update your Email (associated to your Avid Account) info on your profile so we could check. Let us know if it's already updated. You can also start a support case here.

Thank you,
TD
I already have a master account it is in the system, I created a case for this issue here is the number Case Number
Old 02-27-2017, 02:35 PM

Default Re: update to version 12.7.1 and error newer version than allowed

I tried to call support but they will not answer the phone unless you pay them more money. What bull **** they break it and you got to pay more to fix it. I have had no luck going from 12.7 to 12.7.1 tried all the suggestions from the forum, (thank you folks) Avid is very frustrating every update new problems this one just really sent me over the edge.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:59 AM

Default Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterwine View Post
I already have a master account it is in the system, I created a case for this issue here is the number Case Number
Fixed the license issue and will reply to your case with details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterwine View Post
I tried to call support but they will not answer the phone unless you pay them more money. What bull **** they break it and you got to pay more to fix it. I have had no luck going from 12.7 to 12.7.1 tried all the suggestions from the forum, (thank you folks) Avid is very frustrating every update new problems this one just really sent me over the edge.
Assistance with Registration & Activation is available at no charge. Select that option when calling, or a case can be started online via the Contact Support link here.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:37 PM

Default Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error

Well after 3 days Avid finally looked at the issue and found they deposited two Ilok licenses into my account when I updated the license in Dec and that was causing the conflict.

I know this stuff is complicated and has issues I just wish they would be more responsive and quit the BS with support cost. I know it cost money but we spent money on the software and it is only a one year license they could at least back it.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:12 AM

Default "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error

Same problem here... done all suggested.. not working.. starting to get a bit feed up with all the mess every single time you update something. I pay 100$ every year not to have this problems.
I love ProTools and it's my weapon of choice, and I don't mind paying for the annual upgrades, but every time there's a new version there's problems with the license..and that bugs me like crazy.. coz I always have to go here and complain about it to get it fixed. And that after I do the update and things stops to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 03-06-2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Case 03160879.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Upgraded to 12.7.1 and now license not allowed: Figured it Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi GregX,

The Email you're using on your profile also seems to be not associated with any Avid Account. Please update your Email or you can also create a support case and our licensing team should be in touch with you soon. (create a support case here)

Thanks,
TD

Thanks, I'll update my email, but I figured it out!

I upgraded my iLok software, and since I'm running Win 7, I had to get some special Microsoft upgrade when I got a problem upgrading the iLok software; just Google that error message, and it will take you to an Avid page that tells you what software to install from Microsoft, if you indeed get an error. After I got the iLok software to go to the latest version I can now happily run Pro Tools again.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:55 AM

Hi!

I'm having the same issue, my Pro Tools update plan is active, (renewed last december for one year) but when I updated to 12.7.1 shows the "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools...." error message and recommends me to update my upgrade plan...

I have read the whole topic, and tried the steps to resync my iLok and all that...without success.

What can I do?

Thank you for your help!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:34 AM

Default "trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed by your license" with 12.8

Just installed 12.8 on HDX2 system and get the message I don't have a license... but I do and it shows as ACTIVE on my Avid account.

Guess I'll hit support with this...
Old 06-26-2017, 11:45 AM

Default 12.8 license error?

12.8 1st install on one of my vanilla systems. I do have a perpetual license but apparently PT doesn't see it. Any ideas? I kept 12.7.1 so no biggie, but I'm a bit worried about installing 12.8 on my HD or other vanilla system now.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.