Why Can I find a c/24 for dead cost
Whuy can't I understand this post?

QAPLA!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Re: C/24 dead cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Whuy can't I understand this post?
It's that NRA Life Member thing...you probably also learned to read and write pretty well by the end of sixth grade, and have what is now unfortunately an unreasonable expectation that others have also mastered that skill!

You've probably got common sense, also...

Personally, I couldn't decide if the dude was looking for a dead machine for parts or if he was looking for dealer cost on it or if he was looking for the lowest street price...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
It's that NRA Life Member thing...you probably also learned to read and write pretty well by the end of sixth grade, and have what is now unfortunately an unreasonable expectation that others have also mastered that skill!

You've probably got common sense, also...

Personally, I couldn't decide if the dude was looking for a dead machine for parts or if he was looking for dealer cost on it or if he was looking for the lowest street price...
I'll forgo the personal insult. Generally I can make sense of of what a lot of the illiterate post on forums but even this made my Captain Midnight secret decoder ring give up the ghost.

As to your last sentence those thoughts had run through my mind but unless the poster clarifies exactly what he wants than how can we help?

QAPLA!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I'll forgo the personal insult. Generally I can make sense of of what a lot of the illiterate post on forums but even this made my Captain Midnight secret decoder ring give up the ghost.

As to your last sentence those thoughts had run through my mind but unless the poster clarifies exactly what he wants than how can we help?
Whoa, dude...what part of my post offended you?

Actually, my post was intended as a compliment...sorry if I didn't make that clear enough...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 11-17-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:

I don't think it was a insult.....read it again.

As far as what the OP was asking about who knows. Its also important to keep in mind that not all posters are fluent in English so somtimes its important to clarify the question.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 PM

And to actually answer the question......Nobody will sell one at dead cost. First off, they will add shipping(couple hundred dollars on that box) and at least 5% profit, and nobody will advertise this as Avid(like most manufacturers these days) has MAP pricing, so if they advertise below that, they lose the product line. Since we are all users here, no one would know, unless they actually FOUND that deal(and then they would never disclose it here for fear of pi$$ing off the place that gave them that deal). I know I would not share that info(and I don't have it). What I'm getting at is; its really a question that can't be answered here. Your best bet would be to call every dealer you can, and see if anyone has one in stock, and is dying to get rid of it. For instance, my local GC has one that has been in the showroom for a year. They might make a special deal on it if you came in with cash falling out of your pocket

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-18-2010, 11:48 AM

You need to call GC pro Atlanta and ask For Brad Lyons. He will get you into one for the best deal any where.
Here is his info

(404)844-9758
blyons@gcpro.com

I voted at www.deardigi.com