Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM

Default No Monitor Output from my new C 24 when hooked up to my 003

Hi,
Just finished up installing my new C24, 003, Avalon 737's, 2 Redco 96 input Db25 to TT Patchbays into my KK Audio Knock off desk. I have also installed all new cables. Every input and output of every piece of equipment is hooked up into my patchbays(even my Genelec 1031a monitors). My problem is that I can not get any output from the monitor section of the C24 console. I have read both the 003 and C24 manuals and scanned these forums and can not seem to get any step by step answers. Reading this forum has helped me in that I understand I need to go-to the I/O settings and import the C24 LE Stereo.pio. Then it asks "Delete existing unused paths?" Should I say yes or no? If I select Yes I get the message "The output path Analog 1-2 overlaps with the output path C24 stereo 1-2. If I select No I get the message" Multiple output paths with the name Analog 1-2. I selected yes and then uncheck "Analog 1-2 and close the I/O setup. Next I go to my session and select C24 Stereo 1-2 on each of my individual tracks for the output. When I play any the songs we are working on all individual tracks show up on the meterbidge on the C24, all the faders work, and I even get signal on the stereo out meterbridge, but no output to the monitors. I have tried all combinations of output settings on the monitor out section of the C24, have tried all logical patchpoints on the patchbay, and the only thing that seems to happen is more of my hair is falling out and I am getting more grey hairs. I have been an Recording Engineer for over 20 years and am embarrassed that I can not figure this out on my own. I have always run Protools through an Analog board or just done everything in the box, never through an Hybrid board I had to set up myself. Any help would be appreciated. I will try and upload a Jpeg of my patchbays, if it will help.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Last edited by cepett; 11-18-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: insert jpeg
Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 AM

Default Re: No Monitor Output from my new C 24 when hooked up to my 003

1 and 3 are L and R outs. But as well make sure you have a main out put in the I/O manger set to 1 and 3.
Can you send aux to any paths to your PB just to test?
The C24 and how it get signal out to the monitors can be a bit confusing at first. If you are seeing meter bridge at main outs then its there.

I voted at www.deardigi.com