Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2015, 04:39 AM

Default PT12 Monthly Subscription License "needs to be refreshed"

I've been running Pro Tools 12 for 2 months now. All has been fine with no major issues in performance etc except for the month to month subscription renewal. Turned on my mac today and pro tools wouldn't load, it would just sit on the initial screen with no loading or errors or anything. I left it for an hour in case it needed time to access my auto renewal license but no change.

In the Avid Application Manager it says my license renews today (24-6-15), on the Avid website it says I have 4 days left but time period is from April 25 to June 25 (tomorrow) and in the iLok License Manager it says expiration date is 25-6-15 at 6:48pm as well as an orange circle arrow that says when I hover over it "subscription license needs to be refreshed". When I proceed refresh the license a dialogue box comes up saying "renewal is pending for the following license : Pro Tools 12, Expires 25-6-15 6:48pm, refresh after 23-6-15 6:48pm".

I've been emailing a guy from Avid and after trying a few system optimisation things to fix startup issues and no change he said "it seems the subscription is not been rebilled. Try to check that later and give us an update"

I didn't have to deal with this after the first month so I'm not sure what's changed. I'm in the middle of a project and would like to be up and running asap.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:55 AM

Default Re: PT12 Monthly Subscription License "needs to be refreshed"

Hopefully jeffro can chime in here shortly and help you out. He seems to be the "Behind Enemy Lines" guy around here, does a great job really. Sorry to hear you're having subscription issues, never good to have Pro Tool acting up in the middle of a project, I do know that, I had mine be completely unstable for the better part of a month during a 10 track album project...
Old 06-24-2015, 05:26 AM

Jeffro should be up and around in a few hours.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftStudios View Post
Hopefully jeffro can chime in here shortly and help you out. He seems to be the "Behind Enemy Lines" guy around here, does a great job really. Sorry to hear you're having subscription issues, never good to have Pro Tool acting up in the middle of a project, I do know that, I had mine be completely unstable for the better part of a month during a 10 track album project...
Thanks, it's good to know someone shares my pain.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:17 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by messegermusic View Post
I've been running Pro Tools 12 for 2 months now. All has been fine with no major issues in performance etc except for the month to month subscription renewal. Turned on my mac today and pro tools wouldn't load, it would just sit on the initial screen with no loading or errors or anything. I left it for an hour in case it needed time to access my auto renewal license but no change.

In the Avid Application Manager it says my license renews today (24-6-15), on the Avid website it says I have 4 days left but time period is from April 25 to June 25 (tomorrow) and in the iLok License Manager it says expiration date is 25-6-15 at 6:48pm as well as an orange circle arrow that says when I hover over it "subscription license needs to be refreshed". When I proceed refresh the license a dialogue box comes up saying "renewal is pending for the following license : Pro Tools 12, Expires 25-6-15 6:48pm, refresh after 23-6-15 6:48pm".

I've been emailing a guy from Avid and after trying a few system optimisation things to fix startup issues and no change he said "it seems the subscription is not been rebilled. Try to check that later and give us an update"

I didn't have to deal with this after the first month so I'm not sure what's changed. I'm in the middle of a project and would like to be up and running asap.
Hi messegermusic,

I'm sorry for the confusion and for the inconvenience, but let me follow up your concern directly to our Webstore team. Kindly check your email for any update.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 06-24-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi messegermusic,

I'm sorry for the confusion and for the inconvenience, but let me follow up your concern directly to our Webstore team. Kindly check your email for any update.

Best Regards,

YD
Thanks so much, will keep an eye out.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:17 AM

Thanks for escalating this Drew, and YD for jumping on it quickly.

messegermusic - We should be able to get you up and running even if we need to continue investigating the cause.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Hi, i'm new to this way of dealing with issues... I'm used to being able to call someone on the phone so please forgive me if I'm not writing in the the right place... but I have what seems to be the same problem as you guys... My protools will not open up anymore.... i have been trying to understand why and i have tried refreshing my liscense in the Ilok liscence manager and it tells me that my request is pending.... don't really now how long I'm supposed to wait, but I'm right in the middle of mixing a project and I'm stuck! I'm sure you all understand how stressful this is, can anyone help to resolve this ? Than you
Ricky
Old 02-01-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky paquette View Post
...My protools will not open up anymore..
Started a support case for you to get your license renewed.

Quote:
Hi, i'm new to this way of dealing with issues... I'm used to being able to call someone on the phone so please forgive me if I'm not writing in the the right place...
Your subscription includes support.

1) Click Access the Support Center in your Avid account:

2) Click Create A Case under the Equipment tab:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid Account.jpg (21.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Equipment.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jeffro; 02-01-2016 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Fixed pics.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:16 PM

Well, I just got bit by the same bug. Have subscription and that shows valid until next billing cycle on ilok and in avid account but pro tools 12 expired which is not allowing me to start up because iLok "isn't activated".

Put in support request but it doesn't change the fact I'm a bit embarrassed because I had promised a rough mix tonight. I don't see any solutions here and I stupidly just spent hours trying to resolve this myself, but just wanted to chime in because I have no one else to share my absolute frustration with. I pay for this, I can't use it.

After seeing how long this has been going on, I'm confused why this hasn't been resolved or at least tell us what the issue is so we can regain faith in a company I've honestly been with for a great many years.