Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2002, 10:55 AM

Default is Digi disabling the driver for my Midiman Keystation49 midi controller?

I was on the phone for an hour with Midiman tech support and they think the Digi001 is disabling the OMS driver for my keyboard. Has anybody had a problem like this and what can I do?

Basically, OMS will no longer recognize the keyboard, which means that I have no MIDI control anymore. It happend soon after I downloaded the new digi stuff for directconnect (streammanager and something else, can't remember what it's called).

I've been trying to fix it for three days and it's driving me crazy!

Please help!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:49 AM

Default Re: is Digi disabling the driver for my Midiman Keystation49 midi controller?

you have the input device enabled in 'input devices' in pro tools right? what about 'test' in OMS? when you press a keyboard key it should say... midi recieved.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:12 PM

Default Re: is Digi disabling the driver for my Midiman Keystation49 midi controller?

Another option you might consider trying...take the midiman drivers and add spaces before the names of the extension. This will force them to load earlier (Macs load extensions alphabetically). This is a common solution to oddball extension conflicts. Perhaps this will help.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by naireko:
you have the input device enabled in 'input devices' in pro tools right? what about 'test' in OMS? when you press a keyboard key it should say... midi recieved.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm not even in pro tools yet....I can't get OMS to recognize the keyboard. Everytime I try to use "OMS Setup" it keept telling me that it can't load the Keystation 1x1 Driver, which is the driver for my Midiman keyboard. I see that other people have had trouble with midimans's usb midi devices but nobody has mentioned their keyboard midi controllers.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:08 AM

That is bad. I gottcha now.. it is your interface as well. I had major problems with oms and my cs-10 doing the same thing. I would disable all extensions but the keyboard and oms extensions (os9 all) and restart. disable all digi stuff! reboot. try oms again. if it is OK, start adding in the digi stuff.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:33 AM

Animal I got a Midiman Keystation I use with my 002. I take it's midi out(keyboard) to the midi in of the 002 and the midi out of the 002 to the midimans midi out (usb). I don't know why they call it that. I don't use a usb cord.
Then I choose Digi 002-All( you try Digi 001) in the input box on the channel strip.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:51 PM

thanks everybody. I finally got it working. I had to trash my Opcode and OMS forlder and all my Digidesign stuff and I started from scratch, but it still wouldn't load the keyboard driver, so not I'm just running a midi cable from the keyboard to the Digi001 and it's working. I guess the USB thing is what's not happening. Weird. Hopefully it'll stay working!