Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Counter loops after 3 beats

Hello all, This started happening 3 hours ago. I brought in a session off of a back up drive copied it to my internal drive opened it and got to work tweaked for about 10 minutes then decided to bounce highlighted what i wanted to bounce and hit bounce to disk. This is were everything went south first as the bounce was going the min. and secs. were jumping around randomly like 1:49..1:48..1:47..1:48..1:48..1:47 and as it did that the audio would drop out.It got through the bounce but when i played it back the whole song sounded like it was playing through a ring modulator.
So i go back to my session and hit play and notice that the counter is only moving for three beats like 1/1 1/2 1/3 and then back to 1/1 the song is playing but thats all the counter is doing and the cursor is going crazy jumping around the screen. i tried starting from different points in the song same thing. i thought it was the session so i opened something else same problem I then unmounted my internal and made a new session on my desktop same thing. I tried to record and it only records 2 beats and stops but the counter keeps doing its loop i don't know what else to do I've done everything in the trouble shooting sticky except the processor nap thing

G5 Dual 2ghz PPC
Os 10.4.8
4.5 gb DDR SDRAM
Protools HD3 accel w Rosetta 800
PT 7.2 cs3
1 internal 300gb sata drive partitioned in 2
motu Mtp Av
Behringer BCF 2000

If your going through hell keep walking
-Winston Churchill
Old 05-04-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Counter loops after 3 beats

Anyone?...

-Winston Churchill
Old 05-08-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Counter loops after 3 beats

Okay I've reformatted the hard drive and re-installed Protools and it's still doing it I'm guessing its the Apogee I'm gonna reflash it today and see if it works.

-Winston Churchill