Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2009, 10:43 AM

Default 'Open Recent' cleared - Lost song file

I recently have been working on a big project - because of its size not all audio tracks would play simultaneously. I always opened the file via going to the 'Open Recent' menu. However, at some point that menu was cleared - I don't know how or why - I didn't do it (at least on purpose.) Anyway - the issue is that I cannot locate the file on my hard drive. It simply is NOT listed anywhere!

I really feel like this is a case where it is simply a matter of finding the file - I mean - I've played it back - I'm quite certain I recorded something - but I've spent hours combing the other file session folders, backup folders, audio folders etc - for the life of me I cannot locate this song. Where could it have gone?

Anyone?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM

Default Re: 'Open Recent' cleared - Lost song file

were it went, no

is it in your recent in the Apple Menu?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 AM

Not there either. But there has been a lot of activity on the computer since I've worked on that session - so it likely wouldn't have been there anyway.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:11 AM

Craig has the idea..

Use the finder to do a search basing it on some criteria like the last date it was modified.. Or the file type for Protools sessions.. Or folders with the name of the session... I would probably start by looking for the ProTools session file type. If you have Spotlight disabled (which you should), you may want to re-enable it and let it index to make searching easier. then turn it off again..

It sounds like you need to get a handle on your file system. You shouldn't be letting ProTools decide where to put your session files and then depending on the "open recent" menu to find them..
Old 12-22-2009, 11:53 AM

You guys ROCK. Totally just saved my day. I turned the Spotlight on - searched the drive and found the file. I had forgotten that it was disabled for that drive.

I'm at a loss as to how the audio file got buried where it did. Even though I use the 'Open Recent' to pull up files I've been working on - I KNOW and specify where all my files are stored. This one just happened to get under the radar.

THANK YOU BOTH.