Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Default Mbox 2 isn't transmitting my Midi Controller

Hey guys!

I've been using a USB Midi controller for awhile, and it's always worked fine. I just purchased a keyboard with actual Midi Out and In, and a Midi cable. I connected the cable from the Midi Out of the keyboard to the Midi In of the Mbox 2, and Pro Tools isn't reading it. It's not showing up at all under Setup>Midi>Input Devices. This is my first time ever using the actual Midi ports on my Mbox 2.

I think i need to configure my Mbox 2 differently, but i'm not sure how. Can anyone please help me out? I really don't want to have to go spend $40 on a MIDI to USB converter.

Thanks so much!
-Natan
Old 12-21-2009, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 isn't transmitting my Midi Controller

Have you done an Audio/Midi setup?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:45 PM

Yes, I have. At first my Mbox showed up, and was greyed out. The "device is online" box was unchecked, and grayed out, so i could not check it.

I stupidly thought i could remove it and bring it up again- I removed it, and it hasnt come back up. I tried "rescan midi" and nothing came up.

In "System Preferences," I found "Mbox 2." The status bar reads "Connected with Mbox 2."

Another interesting (and probably important) note: I opened the "Digi Core Audio Manager." It looks like this:

Digidesign HW : Unsupported Device
Channels: N/A
Attatched Clients: 0
Buffer Size: 512

Is it possible that i'm missing the Core Audio Driver? If so, can I download it somewhere?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Avid

This has nothing to do with the core audio driver and the Core Audio Manager is not used with the Mbox 2, which uses a system preference panel instead.

Try this:

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences>By Host and trash 'com.apple.midi.a bunch of numbers and letters.plist'.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and trash 'com.apple.audio.audiomidisetup.plist'.

Empty the trash and restart, then see if everything is working.