Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2014, 09:37 AM

Default Use any USB interface with irig HD?

Is it possible to use any USB interface with ProTools using the interface as speakers out and the irig as the recording device?

Thanks in advance.
Boss GT-100

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3400MHz
Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
16384 MB Ram
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Win 8.1 Pro 64X

Thing of it is see, Ya know what I'm saying?
Old 03-16-2014, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Use any USB interface with irig HD?

I'm not sure what your asking exactly.
Looks like you want to use 2 different interfaces, in theory you can but being on Windows I believe it is more difficult and you have to use ASIO4ALL.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-17-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNeKOG View Post
Is it possible to use any USB interface with ProTools using the interface as speakers out and the irig as the recording device?

Thanks in advance.
I have no idea how you're going to accomplish this as the iRig is meant to plug into an iOS device and is not a general purpose audio interface for a regular computer. And if you think you're going to daisy chain this from an iOS device to a computer - ain't going to work. Even if it did you'd have so much latency it wouldn't be worth it. Besides if you have a regular USB audio I/O why would you even need the iRig? Just because it comes with Amplitube iOS? If you need the Amplitube tones there's always Amplitube Free. You missed out on a great group buy from IK where you purchase one Amplitube piece of software and get a number of free add-ons. A lot of us did that. I got Amplitube 3 and 4 add-on packs (Fender, Ampeg, Orange and Hendrix).

QAPLA!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 AM

Actually, you CAN use this directly with the computer, as it also works as a computer interface, in addition to being an IOS device.

Via the USB adapter, you can hook it up directly to your computer as you would with any other interface, and record directly into Protools or anything else.

You may be able to hook up powered monitors via an adapter that would hook up to the headphone jack.

Having said all that, if you are going to be recording on a computer, you would be much better off getting a regular interface, even a cheap one, like the Focusrite 2i2 or something like that.

There is no way to actually combine it with another interface, per the original question.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Actually, you CAN use this directly with the computer, as it also works as a computer interface, in addition to being an IOS device.

Via the USB adapter, you can hook it up directly to your computer as you would with any other interface, and record directly into Protools or anything else.

You may be able to hook up powered monitors via an adapter that would hook up to the headphone jack.

Having said all that, if you are going to be recording on a computer, you would be much better off getting a regular interface, even a cheap one, like the Focusrite 2i2 or something like that.

There is no way to actually combine it with another interface, per the original question.
Missed the adapter bit - thanks for the correction. I was looking at the standard iRig and missed the Pro part. My bad.

But as you say the op would be better off with a decent interface. What I'd like an answer on, as well as others, would be in his original post he mentions another USB interface which if he has why would he need or want the iRig?

QAPLA!