Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2014, 08:06 PM

Default Audio Interface problems?

Hi All!

I am having an issue that I just can't seem to fix. I'm running the latest version of PT10 HD Native on a Mac Pro running the latest version of OSX Lion. The audio interface is an Apogee Symphony. All firmware is up to date... We have 4 users on this Mac. The primary user has absolutely no issues ...all works fine. However the remaining 3 users have issues connecting to the audio interface. Despite whatever I try HD Native is not an option for the playback engine setting in PT.

I'm assuming because the entire system works fine for 1 user that this is not a hardware or cabling issue... I'm speculating it's some Mac OS setting in the other accounts?? I've trashed PT preferences, reinstalled PT .. Updated firmware.. Nothing has worked ... But yet our one main user works just fine... There is only 1 difference between the 3 users that have issues and the 1 user that does not... The 3 that have problems have administrator rights.. The user that has no issues does not have admin rights... I'm not sure this is relevant but that is the only difference between the accounts....

I welcome any ideas as this one has me baffled!!

Regards,

Randy
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Audio Interface problems?

I was going to say a permissions problem but I would think it would be the other way around the Admin users would not have a problem and the non admin would

I think you going to have to go into Apogee driver permissions to a deep level to find the problem

Also how does the rig boot? I've had problems with the DNS2000 not switching users w/o a reboot in between

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 03-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Craig,

Thanks for the reply.. I've tried rebooting several times then straight to my admin account and HD Native is not listed as a Playback engine option. Boot sequence is all outboard gear is turned on first and Mac Pro is last...
Whats so Odd is everything worked fine the last time I logged in and there were no changes to the system since then.... ????

Randy
Old 03-06-2014, 02:22 PM

OK, I miss read. I thought you were using HD software w/ the Apogee not a HDN card w/ Apogee box.

I'd still dig into the System Library permissions

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig