Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Default Trouble with Audio Volume

I just got PT 7.4 for my Mac PowerBook G4 running OS 10.4.11. I was starting a new session, but when I save the file to my Western Digital External HD, I get a 'The session is saved on a volume set to "Transfer" only. If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "P" (Playback) or "R" (Record) in the Workspace. Otherwise, choose OK to save a copy of this session and its media to a valid playback volume. The session copy will automatically open from the chosen location. [Cancel] [OK]'.

I went to the Windows tab and clicked on Workspace. I attempted to change the A column to R, but a prompt comes up which says “It cannot be designated as an audio record volume because it is not a valid audio volume”

Any other suggestions?

What is going on? Can anyone help me....thanks in advance for your help.
Jamie
Old 04-19-2010, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Trouble with Audio Volume

I also found this post and tried deleting the Files that it suggested.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=225611

Still didn't work!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 AM

It has something to do with the permissions of the drive.

On a mac just highlight the drive icon and press command+i

Click the the little padlock icon (bottom right corner of the window) and enter your admin password to unlock the settings of your drive.

Expand the "Sharing and permissions" tab and change the drives "privilege" to Read & Write.

Once this is done you should be able to designate your drive as a playback/record volume from the workspace window

If you keep your drive connected to your computer you should only have to do this once but I'd save these instructions somewhere just in case.

If you're on a PC I wish you luck but I'm no help
Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 PM

Jameson,
Thank you, I will try that for sure tonight....I cant wait to get home..hopefully it will work.
Jamie
Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieStewart View Post
Jameson,
Thank you, I will try that for sure tonight....I cant wait to get home..hopefully it will work.
Jamie
Another possibility is that it has an incorrect format - you should use the OS X Disk Utility to erase the drive, choosing Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the drive format. Make sure to back up any data on the drive first.