How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 11:37 PM

Default midi not recording or playing back

Hello,

I haven't looked for hours and hours but I didn't see a problem like mine already posted so hopefully there's a simple solution. Using instrument plug ins (Sample Tank 2 se or BFD-lite), I can play and hear sounds using my midicontroller when the midi track is record enabled or when recording but most of the time the notes that are played when recording don't appear on the track. Sometimes, when all of the notes are on the track, during playback the notes play on top of eachother. Also, sometimes, the first note would play on the track, but the other notes after it are ignored. Other times, after recording, just one long, random note will sound for the duration playback.

In Midi Studio Setup, only "1" is selected for both the send and receive channels like in the method one dvd. The input port is digidesign digi 002 port 1 and the output port is set at none. With a stereo aux track, one of the instrument plug ins is selected. On the midi track, the midicontroller is selected for the input on channel 1 and the plug in is selected for the output on channel 1.

I have a Studiologic SL-990 PRO midicontroller with one midi out connector and no other midi connectors. I have the same problem with the controller plugged into the digi 002 midi in port or with a m-audio midisport uno connected to my pc. I've unstalled and reinstalled protools with no change. Help!

Thanks,

Mizziti
PT7LE
digi 002
WIN XP PRO SP2
Asus A8N-E
AMD64 X2 +3800
2GB DDR-SDRAM PC3200 DDR 400MHz Dual Channel
audio drive: Seagate Barracuda ST380021A 80GB Hard Drive (EIDE ATA-100, 7200 RPM, 8MB)
Old 01-20-2006, 11:02 PM

Default Re: midi not recording or playing back

I spoke with tech support. I found out that the problem could be that I don't have the supported firewire card. I'll be getting it next week.