Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 02:16 PM

Default 7.0 - \"cntrl =\" to flip from mix to edit screens?

i have installed protools 7.0 on my windows XP pro (sp2) box (p4 2.8 800 fsb, 2GB ddr, multiple hard drives and dvd r/w)

i use a kensington expert mouse trackball as my controller, and have it's hot buttons set for cut, paste, undo, flip (cntrl =) zoom in and zoom out.

previously, all buttons worked with protools no worries.

in 7.0 the flip function (ctrl =) does not work!!!!

keystroke from the keyboard works, but have reallocated the function to all buttons on the trackball and the flip does not function at all.

is this a known issue?

possibly in the same vein, the edit and mix screens do not open to full maximised size - rather like an issue with protools 6.4 where the mix screen always opened showing only the top section of two channels and the maximise button would not take it up to full screen.

this is enough of a distraction for me to consider going back to 6.9. however the rtas processing of 7.0 is certainly far improved (well done!)

further info required?

chris.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 7.0 - \"cntrl =\" to flip from mix to edit screens?

"ctrl+=" works for me in 7.0 bur then again im not using a controller thing like you are. im just manually using the shortcut.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: 7.0 - \"cntrl =\" to flip from mix to edit screens?

i just posted a similar question (I use quick keys for shortcuts) I think they screwed something up in the update that doesn't allow other programs to access shortcuts. You should call digidesign and complain. They told me that since only one person was complaining I was pretty much out of luck.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: 7.0 - \"cntrl =\" to flip from mix to edit scree

It's working for me with a Microsoft programmable mouse. I have one of the side buttons set to 'ctrl ='. But, for a couple days it wouldn't work. Maybe an intermittent bug? Maybe it was the latest patch that fixed it for me. I just can't remember when I was having the problem vs. installing the new cs update.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: 7.0 - \"cntrl =\" to flip from mix to edit scree

yeah I'm been messing around with different quick keys things for a few hours now---some of the shortcuts were working in quick keys, now none of them are. It's like pt figured out that I was using shortcuts and then adjusted.