Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2008, 05:17 PM

Default Re: dual monitors or one huge?

Word for Skootch! its a fine peice of donationware. If you can't find mention of it in Stiffs ProTooler blog drop me a line and I will point you in the right direction.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-09-2008, 08:02 AM

Hey, guys, I forgot to post again on this thread...I am now a happy man thanks to Bob Nagy and SKOOTCH!!!

Finally, dual-monitor support in Pro Tools! And it's even better than I imagined it to be! Skootch not even automatically snaps your windows (and will do mix on left, edit on right like I prefer,) it even creates more real estate in your edit/mix windows by eliminating the menu header bars!

Skootch 2 was just released and it's wonderful. Bob, your e-check is in the mail!

I suggest anybody running dual monitors seek out this piece of software and support it's author! Bob uses an email list to stay in touch with his users, if anybody needs any info, hit me up and I'll pass on the info.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 AM

I have three monitors and they're great but I can never find the mouse's cursor! It frequently moves to the other monitor for unknown reasons. The 40" is in the speaker soffit for the clients observation, one is mounted on a roll-around stand for my digital mixer and the 3rd is used for the editing view and on an "arm" so you can bring it in close. You can check out the photo page at http://queststudio.20megsfree.com/photo.html One thing no one mentioned about a larger monitor, (lets say 42") is you can open both pages on one screen and not loose your damn cursor! This is a plus. But on the other hand, mounted above the desk would block any view you had into the tracking room, so go figure...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I have three monitors and they're great but I can never find the mouse's cursor! It frequently moves to the other monitor for unknown reasons.
Not quite sure what the problem is here, but how are you connecting your mouse? USB or PS/2? If it's USB, does switching to PS/2 solve the problem? Again, I'm not sure what the problem is here, but that's an easy potential solution you could try out...What video card are you running? Latest drivers and whatnot?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I have three monitors and they're great but I can never find the mouse's cursor! It frequently moves to the other monitor for unknown reasons. T
THIS MAY HELP...GO TO UR CONTROL PANEL, IF ITS IN CATEGORY VIEW, CLICK ON PRINTERS & OTHER HARDWARE; THEN "MOUSE"...GO TO POINTER OPTIONS-VISIBILITY & CHECK "SHOW LOCATION OF POINTER WHEN I PRESS CRTL Key...THATZ THE ONLT THING THAT SAVES ME WHEN I'M LOOKON FOR THE MOUSE...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM

Naw, thanks for the reply's and advice guys. I've tried several different scenario's and have decided to use the "move cursor to dialog box" and "control click" to locate options, but this still takes time away from the work flow when your monitors are so big and several feet away from you. Not to mention my eyes are not as good as you whippersnappers.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I am now a happy man thanks to Bob Nagy and SKOOTCH!!!
Thanks for the kind words, Alex ! Glad you're enjoying Skootch !
Old 06-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Can anyone help me get dual screens up & running, having a few problems.

There's a thread i just started today.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Can anyone help me get dual screens up & running, having a few problems.
Please give details about your problem, and I'll try to help.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:06 AM

Thanks for Skootch as well, although I've not yet installed it! I've been so busy mixing, I'm afraid to try anything new What am I missing?