Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Session 8 (The Old School Legend)

Wow! I wanna buy this just to see it in action again!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41784

38, 39 what ever it takes.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Session 8 (The Old School Legend)

Might have to grab that to put with my old Mac SE30 and Turbosynth hehehe...
Or maybe an Atari Falcon would be more appropriate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:56 AM

A "Falcon".?.?. nahh, way too hi tech & advanced.
I still have the Mega4ST with 3 SCSI drives, a tape backup and "ADAPII" digital recorder/editor attached. All in 19" racks. Built in Midi ports, SMPTE in-out, software sample/cue list, and SMPTE Track Gold sequencer.
Bought it in mid 80's for lots of $$$. Collecting dust...needs a new home ! ( a Museum maybe?)

have fun and enjoy the Holidays,
cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 12-23-2003, 03:32 PM

Hehhee...
This thread brought back some memories.

I still have...
Turtle Beach stuff!
Maui - samplecell for idiots (damn- where are my ISA slots?!?!?!)
Tahiti - (came with...Quad Studio!!! 4 track audio app for Windows 3.1. Needed a mighty 486/25 to use.)
Wave (not Waves, just Wave. Actually won a shoot-out with Sound Forge back then I think...)
and... SampleVision! SampleVision was cool. What wasnt cool was the wait time when transfering samples and info via MIDI (yes, using MIDI). Set up transfer, go eat dinner, watch some TV, etc LOL!!!

My SE30 actually survived a few falls- one from about 6 feet up, off a shelf to a cement floor with a thin throw rug. Case cracked, screen survived, as did everything inside. Incredible!!! Turbosynth is still fun to look at once in awhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:48 PM

Back in the days i had my old AMIII together with session8 for windows. Pretty cool program actually. MTC synching abilities. You could even load up an AVI, and have that play in sync with the audio. And waht i REALY liked about it is the way you could make backups. Just load a DAT-tape, and choose backup or somehting. Then it would transfer every single track to tape, along with all the session-data (regions, eq-settings etc). They just transforemd that data into sound, and recorded it on DAT. I guess CD's made that kind of backup obsolete, but i still think it was pretty smart.

Bastiaan