Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2011, 03:48 PM

Default Avid people! Are we not as important as customers? White noise issu!

I bought the M-Audio Fast track 2 with Pro Tools SE. I bought it because Iīm a beginner and wanted something easy to use. Iīm not a computer tech or programmer and also completely new to home recording, so the description of this soundcard and of pro tools se seemed to suit me perfect. Just plug and play right?

Well, at first it worked as supposed. I got this white noise a couple of times. But not that often. Then Pro tools crashed and I had to reinstall it. After that the white noise comes all the time. I canīt use this product. I started reading this forum and saw that lots of people have had this problem for a quite a while. And there is still no update or fix for this? I have also seen that many people with problems with Pro tools SE donīt even get an answer on this forum.

Are we as customers of you cheapest version of Pro tools not important to you guys at Avid? If we had bought Pro tools 10, would you be more eager to help us?

I thought when I bought this that I would be safe concidering how big you are in the industry. But obviously I was wrong. It seems that we, the SE users donīt mean [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] to you and that is really sad to see. I mean, how long should it take to fix this issue?

I canīt imagine something are wrong with my computer. Itīs brand new and if something were wrong with it that was causing this problem, I would have this problem all the time. And so should everyone else who is having this problem sometimes.

Iīm not going to write down my computer specs here because so many people have already been doing this and still thereīs no solution for this.

I really feel fooled by this product. Itīs not what the advertisement says it is. I could understand that a brand new program has some bugs but I also expect a fix/update for it a.s.a.p. That should really be in your interest.

Just because we have a cheap product it should work as advertised. You see, if the product did work good, many people including myself would probably upgrade to a better version.

Now I donīt know what to do. If there isnīt an upgrade going on in the nearest future, Im going to get the product back to the store and get my money back. And if I do I will never buy another M-Audio or Pro Tools product.

So the question is. What are you guys doing about this problem? Are you doing anything at all to fix this? And how long do the people with this kind of problem have to wait for an update to solve this problem?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Avid people! Are we not as important as customers? White noise issu!

that sucks man! so you just get static in your speakers when you set your outputs, and hit record? are you on windows 7?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Avid people! Are we not as important as customers? White noise issu!

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Avid

Question Re: Avid people! Are we not as important as customers? White noise issu!

Instead of starting off assuming the worst, perhaps you could provide more details about the problem as well as what you've done so far...

Is it a solid noise, or a burst of noise?

Is it in the recording (written to your audio files) or just in playback?

What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Thanks.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Have read that. Have searched and found lots of threads about the problem.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Instead of starting off assuming the worst, perhaps you could provide more details about the problem as well as what you've done so far...

Is it a solid noise, or a burst of noise?

Is it in the recording (written to your audio files) or just in playback?

What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Thanks.
Itīs the same problem that so many else is having with white noise in Pro Tool SE. I have tried all tips about fixing the problem and it didnīt mather.

I get white noise both in playback and in recording. But not everytime. Today I did some recordings without any problem. Last time I tried I was trying for a couple hours and didnīt get it to work at all. I gave up eventually.

The noise is not written but I canīt record with that noise.

Since it only happens sometimes it has to be some kind of bug in the program. I donīt get any noise with other audio applications.

Best regards/Daniel
Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 AM

By the way! Iīm using a brand new laptop with Windows 7
Old 11-23-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSBass View Post
Have read that. Have searched and found lots of threads about the problem.
If you read it, then you'd have posted a Sandra report.

Seriously, we need way more information. "A Windows 7 laptop" is about as vague as it gets. Every PC is different, and most aren't geared for DAWs.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-30-2011, 12:47 AM

Wink Re: Avid people! Are we not as important as customers? White noise issu!

I like the phrase you coined. Im putting it on a song. With your permission. I guess we are the se's; the bottom feeders! Lmao. But its okay. It does kind of suck, and does not look good for potential new customers such as myself, who google everything and download the android app.....lol. But i feel your pain. And all i can think of, is to buy a separate drive. Im trying that tommorrow. If that does not fix the problem. Im getting a refund. Then ill post what i think on here. Im trying to post on as many threads as possible. This forum seems to have many pissed off, sorry clients. Not good for pr. So, avid. Your guys are great. But, i believe suggesting a separate drive should be purchased, labeled on the box, wouldnt hurt.......

That is, if thats the cause.........i have prayed for this for over 10 years. If it works in execution how its supposed to work in theory, i will endorce this product for free!!!!

To all my se's, world wide, i love you all. We will make it. Its always better at the bottom! For a rapper, such as myself, pro tools "hd" is obsolete, if "se" can work properly!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:56 AM

Verse,

trust me and believe' that if i had read these post before purchasing pro tools se

i would never have invested a dime' unless a separate hard drive was suggested- as if i was operating hd

bad enough the industry sells us dreams' but empower the artist such as me

at times i wanted to press delete' when this white noise would impair my perfect speech

finally realized it to be' a common malfunction that previously never happened to me

motivated me enough' to give em a quick sixteen

imagine if i could drop ten more albums on se' all the exposure you would recieve- from me for free?

You must not know who i be' but in time you will see

this is only about pro tools se' becoming my greatest weapon against the entire music industry

lmao. Off the dome. Enjoy!!!!