Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2011, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack On Sale For Black Friday at Sweetwater

AMS is not the same company as Sweetwater. It's probably the same company as Guitar Center, which also owns Musiciansfriend and Music 123.

AMS does have a price match guarantee, but they say the product must be in stock.

You may want to give it a try, though. Here's the link to their policy:

http://www.americanmusical.com/conte...rice-Guarantee
Old 11-26-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
AMS is not the same company as Sweetwater. It's probably the same company as Guitar Center, which also owns Musiciansfriend and Music 123.

AMS does have a price match guarantee, but they say the product must be in stock.

You may want to give it a try, though. Here's the link to their policy:

http://www.americanmusical.com/conte...rice-Guarantee
I'm about 90% sure that AMS is not owned by Bain Capitol which M123, MF, GC are. I think that they're affiliated with ZZSounds though.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:55 AM

AMS wouldn't price match because Sweetwater doesn't show the item in stock.

The version I received from AMS is an older version with Pro Tools LE 8.03 and doesn't seem to have the expansion pack installed, even though the website described it as having Pro Tools 10 in the box and the expansion pack preinstalled on the unit.

I called AMS and they were not helpful at all. They consider it a software product and may not be returnable, even though I explained the huge differences in what they sold me and what I received. I'll have to call their techs on Monday to see if a return is even possible. Worst case I guess I'll call the credit card company and get it resolved.

In the mean time I'll probably backorder one from Sweetwater. I should have gotten it from them in the first place, even before the Black Friday deal, but they were out of stock as of last Tuesday. I've never had anything but ridiculously great customer service from Sweetwater, I was just anxious to get one sooner.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Just backordered the 11R from Sweetwater yesterday, since it's a sweet deal. My question, is the 11R returnable if one doesn't open the software? I'm hoping that's the case since I'm already running PT10 here and just downloaded the newest 11R drivers (v1.0.5). I certainly don't want to be stuck purchasing it should I not like it. Anyone know for sure? I'll call my salesman on Monday but was just wondering if anyone knew for sure.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:39 PM

I don't know for sure, but here is what Sweetwater's return policy says:

"While we maintain the most liberal return policy in the industry, there are certain items that cannot be returned for very specific reasons. These items include:

Special orders
Software
Over-size or over-weight items
Tubes
Personal items (earphones, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)"

I guess it depends if they consider it "software," but if you don't utilize the Pro Tools 10 card in the package, I don't see where it would be a problem.

One good thing about Sweetwater is that their sales reps bend over backwards to make you happy, so I'd imagine your guy could arrange a return since you wouldn't need to activate the software.

The only way to know for sure is to call them Monday.

$749 is a heck of a deal.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:57 PM

In situations like this, where the software is uninstalled, but the box is opened, sometimes the dealer will charge a restocking fee of 10-15%. They may do that if they feel they have to sell that returned one as B-Stock, etc.

If you already have PT10, your best bet is to not register the software or the hardware, and down the line if you decide to sell it, the new owner will be able to register it and get the free upgrade to whatever is current at the time.

This may be a big selling point.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 AM

I spoke to someone at Sweetwater and was told that they are expecting the units in their warehouse in "about a week," but he said he'd check with the purchasing department to get a more exact timeframe.

He said they sold a ton of them, and are expecting a ton of them to arrive at their warehouse soon.

+1 to Sweetwater for always being so helpful and knowing what's going on.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:36 AM

Smile Re: Eleven Rack On Sale For Black Friday at Sweetwater

My salesman yesterday also quoted a weeks timeframe for arrival. Hope everyone who wanted one got in on that great deal from Sweetwater!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 AM

Yup. I ordered one from Sweetwater over the weekend and am waiting for their shipment to arrive. I didn't need an Eleven Rack but I couldn't resist the price. Besides, I wouldn't mind having another license of Protools 10. Time to dust off the ol' guitar and put on a new set of strings. Happy times.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM

Ordered mine on Sunday - rep called me Monday and said due to overwhelming demand mine wouldn't be in the warehouse until Dec 7 or 8 - so I'm hoping I receive it by Christmas! Got it more for the performance value than the recording value (but will be jumping into PT10 as well).

I asked this on a different thread but haven't really seemed to get an answer.... can anyone tell me the difference between the EurekaProm and the UnoProm for the Behringer FCB1010 foot controller

Much thanks - RG