Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 PM

Default Levels when exporting Strike to PT Audio

Hi,

I've seen a few related threads but not quite my query. When I export Strike to individual Outs (and into PT Audio Tracks) I get some level issues. I really like the clean sound of Strike but don't use most of its features as I completely program my own drum tracks from scratch.

For example, when I set a Strike Kick track from Master to a separate Out, the level in the Strike mixer suddenly max's out (and is OK again when I toggle back to the Master out). At the same time, the level in the PT Audio track is very low. Thanks for any guidance with this.

Edit: I've noticed this level spike in the Strike mixer only happens when I put the audio track into record, the signal must be looping back into Strike somehow. In regard to low levels overall on the audio tracks, I assume this is because the overheads, room etc are split off to a separate track so the source level is reduced on the original sound.