Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-19-2018, 05:36 AM

Default Problems playing older sessions from external drive to fresh PT 8 install

I reinstalled PT 8 on my mac mini after reverting my mac mini back to os 10.6 from the original install disk, and it will open and recognize my Glyph 050Q drive but when I attempt to reopen one of my saved sessions from the drive, pro tools starts to process and restore the files, then slows down about 1/4 of the way then stops and pro tools freezes. Doesn't matter which session, it happens for all of them. I then have to force quit pt.

I have done some troubleshooting so far. Like trashing pt prefs. Ran disk utility. Verified my external drive is mac os journaled and is marked as read and write in Pro Tools, "R". I have copied a session from the drive to my local drive and the same thing happens, freezes the application when starting to "restore tracks".

I should also include that I have a new(different)MBOX2, that is why I did the fresh re install of the OS and the PT8, because the original one burned out and stopped powering up with my system, or any other system. So perhaps that is playing a part in the playback crashes?

Not sure what else I can try for this as I have not found anything further online to try. Anyone got some further suggestions?
PT LE 8.0.3
MAC OS X 10.6.2

Last edited by Sounds like...!; 10-19-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Problems playing older sessions from external drive to fresh PT 8 install

Well, for those looking for an answer to this inquiry. I found the problem and solution. My original install was PT 8.0.3 and I had done the re-install from Avids website for the PT8 first version. Thats why my sessions wouldnt open up.
Once I did the first update to PT 8.0.3, my sessions opened right up without any problem, back to normal.

So kids, let that be a lesson to you.
PT LE 8.0.3
MAC OS X 10.6.2