Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2015, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Too late to upgrade from PT10+CPTK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenet View Post
That's the only possible negative I see if I'm correct. The co-install does lock me into ML. So is the PT10-PT11-PT12 path basically unavoidable because of the Mac OS?
Basically you need to stay at Mountain Lion if you need PT10. And if you want the latest, you should drop the PT10 and move on. Can't have it all now that the transition period is over...

(At least if you want to have an Avid Supported System. Things might work after all, but if it's not on the compatibility grid, you won't get official support for it)
Old 01-30-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
@BillDenton

When you upgraded from PT9 to PT10 you got both PT9 and PT10 in that combo
I haven't upgraded beyond PT 9...PT 10 didn't have anything to offer me, I was PO'd at the upgrade prices, and I was even more PO'd that I had to listen to some dork talk for an hour only to find out PT 10 wasn't going to be 64-bit...

And while I don't really remember, I don't believe PT 10 also included a PT 9 license...I'm pretty sure the "bundle" didn't come along until PT 11, when it was needed to allow developers to make the jump from RTAS/TDM to AAX...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
That's the only possible negative I see if I'm correct. The co-install does lock me into ML. So is the PT10-PT11-PT12 path basically unavoidable because of the Mac OS?
I am running Maverick with 10.3.8
No issue
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
I haven't upgraded beyond PT 9...PT 10 didn't have anything to offer me, I was PO'd at the upgrade prices, and I was even more PO'd that I had to listen to some dork talk for an hour only to find out PT 10 wasn't going to be 64-bit...

And while I don't really remember, I don't believe PT 10 also included a PT 9 license...I'm pretty sure the "bundle" didn't come along until PT 11, when it was needed to allow developers to make the jump from RTAS/TDM to AAX...
Well remembering or not We upgraded from PTHD9 to HD10 and got both HD9/10 in the account so thats what we have in one of our accounts.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-30-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post

If you read my earlier post, I currently have the PT9/10 bundle with CPTK.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 PM

FWIW you really want to call Avid paid support over any dealer. The Avid people have the capability to troubleshoot your computer remotely and it's what they do full time.

Previously, without paid support, you called your dealer and if they didn't know the answer, they could call Avid support for you or you could pay Avid directly for a support call. It's better to go directly to the source now that it's included.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the info regarding the PT 9 / PT 10 bundle.

I'll be the first to admit my recollectin' ain't what it used to be!

Hell, half the time I can't even remember what I had for breakfast, and that's something really important!

After all, having breakfast means I'm still here...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
FWIW you really want to call Avid paid support over any dealer. The Avid people have the capability to troubleshoot your computer remotely and it's what they do full time.

Previously, without paid support, you called your dealer and if they didn't know the answer, they could call Avid support for you or you could pay Avid directly for a support call. It's better to go directly to the source now that it's included.
Agree. But, like I said, having more than one option when troubleshooting isn't a bad thing.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Agree. But, like I said, having more than one option when troubleshooting isn't a bad thing.
I think it is likely to be a waste of time. It's the difference between asking a clerk at the hardware store and just calling a plumber you don't need to pay.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
If you are currently running Pro Tools 10, then you are uh running Pro Tools 10, don't install Pro Tools 11, no need to mess with AAX-64 or even AAX-32.

If your are currently using Pro Tools 10 and its working for you and you are in the middle of a project then you should change *nothing* except the assets on the iLok and you keep running with the new Pro Tools 10 HD license asset part of your Pro Tools 11 HD license bundle. And by nothing, I mean nothing, no Pro Tools 10 updates, no Pro Tools 11 installs, no touching plugins, no OS updates. What should be usual session/work in progress behavior--unless things are breaking.
I've purchased the upgrade. But to be ultra-safe, I'm not evening going to change the license before I finish my PT10 projects. Thanks all!