Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-08-2002, 03:41 AM

Default I give up :(

Thats it i give up , no one on here has posted any replys to my questons so obviously no one here knows.
Digi Tech support is just a waste of space, unless you are the owner of a TDM system you can expect hours sitting on hold and even then they reckon that my problems lie with Logic Audio (funny how logic works properly with every other hardware ive tested it with).
And considering how long some people have been waiting for digi to come up with Updates , drivers and bug fixes it doesent look like that , if ever will happen any time soon.
So any Digidesign staff reading this , congratulations , my 001 is going back to wence it came and im getting my money back (not even gonna look at the 002 , yet another machine purley built for the purpose of hopefully getting people to purchase a TDM system). Think i will go for MOTU stuff this time , seeing as it works.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:33 PM

Default Re: I give up :(

I doubt the MB is the issue. Byt he way I'm the exact opposite of Allen as I have always used Intel CPU's and never had issues of compatibilty. And coinsidering most hardware and software MFG.'s use Intel based machines when they write code for compatibilty sake. But I digress...
I bet this guy is a typical whiner. 'I have done everything, but still doesn't work'. We know this isn't true and isn't always the case of PT not running or not running well. It's probably something small and overlooked. Regardless, I fully agree with you Allen...this guy is a prime candidate for a Mac.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 AM

Default Re: I give up :(

Maybe you need to try a real motherboard like the A7V333 and an XP2200+ . It works great with plenty of power to burn.
Personally I would never own another P3 or P4 for ProTools. Been there and done that. Too many stability issues for my blood. I'd either set up the above motherboard or get a Mac G4 or G5.
Allen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]