Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

So, recommendations for us non-bass players who want to track basic base and we are tired of midi keyboards?

Inexpensive basses that will get the job done?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:15 PM

Cool Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
Yes absolutely! You can grab them here:

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/501.html

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/500.html

I bought two of them, a 4 string and a 5 string for like $600 for both and I was just blown away how good they sounded and played for that price AND they look like my favorite basses (stingrays) because after all it is all about aesthetics right? er...? well... When you aren't a bass player it's more about aesthetics... LOL :)
Thanks! I have to come clean... I've pilfered many a preset off your site. I visit pretty much every day. Thank you so much for providing that to all us 11R users!!

I am in the same boat as you as far as bass. Just play enough to have fun and record, and try as best as I can to play well enough. But I have to say your bass sounds great to my ears, and definitely looks very nice.

Your presets are great... I've was jamming with my EZ Drummer Funkmasters pack and using your Ampeg Funk Bass preset....
Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzler View Post
So, recommendations for us non-bass players who want to track basic base and we are tired of midi keyboards?

Probably the first place to look would be to play every Fender Squire in town. Weed out the firewood. I See a LOT of younger guys using the Ibanez Basses and know there are some budget models in the line up. Any used Epi Bass with a glued in neck. Used Yamaha basses go for a song.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-27-2011, 10:09 PM

I've been messing on a sweet little Ibanez SR505 that I'm just lovin'. It's a nice little 5-string with active Bartolini's. I put a set of Thomastic-Infeld Jazz flats on it and have just been diggin' it since then - even more-so with the new 11R expansion pack.

NL
Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 AM

I've been using a Mike Fontenot & it works great..........Very cheap, but just sounds so good....Lol......

You do have to pay him in beer though...........

Thanks for all the bass tips guys........That will be my next purchase & now I know what to look for.......

Could this place BE any cooler?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstar78 View Post
Thanks! I have to come clean... I've pilfered many a preset off your site. I visit pretty much every day. Thank you so much for providing that to all us 11R users!!

I am in the same boat as you as far as bass. Just play enough to have fun and record, and try as best as I can to play well enough. But I have to say your bass sounds great to my ears, and definitely looks very nice.

Your presets are great... I've was jamming with my EZ Drummer Funkmasters pack and using your Ampeg Funk Bass preset....
Awesome man thats killer! Thanks man thats why we post 'em so everyone can pilfer and I pilfer like no other myself! :) Djemass has some killer Dream Theater presets and Mikefont has some killer EVH ones, but there's SO many great contributors its ridiculous the talent these guys have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiselab View Post
I've been messing on a sweet little Ibanez SR505 that I'm just lovin'. It's a nice little 5-string with active Bartolini's. I put a set of Thomastic-Infeld Jazz flats on it and have just been diggin' it since then - even more-so with the new 11R expansion pack.

NL
I was JUST getting ready to recommend the SR's - GREAT sounding basses and the necks are made for guitar players nice and thin at the nut which is NOT what SHE said... wait what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
I've been using a Mike Fontenot & it works great..........Very cheap, but just sounds so good....Lol......

You do have to pay him in beer though...........

Thanks for all the bass tips guys........That will be my next purchase & now I know what to look for.......

Could this place BE any cooler?
LOL - Mike IS the best no question! and could this place be any cooler? I think not...!