Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack Bass Demo (Ampeg SVT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
Great job, Satch!

Though a bit pricey, I can't help but recommend the Gibson Thunderbird. I have one and it's unbelievably huge through the Rack. And your playing is certainly worthy of it! You make that 5-string sound pretty darn good, though.
I agree another great video by VaiSatchAttrucci. I bought a SG bass a while back love it and must admit its only given me gas for its longer scale brother the Thunderbird. Unfortunately great T'birds don't seem to fall out of trees.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstar78 View Post
Your videos are great, VSA. Thanks for posting this one.... Are you going to share the preset(s) on your site?

And, if I may ask, where did you get that bass? Sounds pretty good to me.....
Yes absolutely! You can grab them here:

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/501.html

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/500.html

I bought two of them, a 4 string and a 5 string for like $600 for both and I was just blown away how good they sounded and played for that price AND they look like my favorite basses (stingrays) because after all it is all about aesthetics right? er...? well... When you aren't a bass player it's more about aesthetics... LOL :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
Great job, Satch!

Though a bit pricey, I can't help but recommend the Gibson Thunderbird. I have one and it's unbelievably huge through the Rack. And your playing is certainly worthy of it! You make that 5-string sound pretty darn good, though.
Thanks Chimp! :) You guys really out did yourselves so thank YOU sincerely. I play some gigs with a bass player who uses a Gibson Thunderbird and you are absolutely right - it just KILLS... I mean they didn't call it "Thunderbird" for nothing I guess because it's friggin' brutal! One day :) I really want a Precision too though so I'm torn...! Always SOMETHING eh?

Side note: My wife totally hates Avid right now... She's gettin' zero love since the 22nd... and I only find comfort in knowing that I'm likely not the only one dealing with THAT! right fellahs?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post
Great video !! Thank you.
Thanks brother :) Appreciate you watchin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I agree another great video by VaiSatchAttrucci. I bought a SG bass a while back love it and must admit its only given me gas for its longer scale brother the Thunderbird. Unfortunately great T'birds don't seem to fall out of trees.
Thanks man - yeah even here in Nashville you'd think they'd be everywhere used but I NEVER see one EVER!? I think they just get snatched up as soon as they land anywhere...?
Old 03-26-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately great T'birds don't seem to fall out of trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
Thanks man - yeah even here in Nashville you'd think they'd be everywhere used but I NEVER see one EVER!? I think they just get snatched up as soon as they land anywhere...?
FWIW Epiphone did just introduce a more upscale version of the Thunderbird with a either a glue in neck or neck through construction. I VERY interested in seeing one of those in person and trying them out. I have a Epiphone LP Standard that for the money is a great soiunding and playing instrument. I also have a Epi Hummingbird Artist for taking to bonfires etc and again for the money its a great guitar. Epi seems to be making some really good stuff in the mid to upper part of their price structure. Hopefully they can pull off the same trick with the new T'bird.

Thunderbirds and Firebirds are rare and unusual beasties. The Thunderbird jones led to purchase a Firebird VII and being a Explorer kind of guy I will say they are fun to play and balance better than one might think.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 AM

I always enjoy watching your videos and this one is no exception. Fantastic playing and presenting skills. love the humour too. Very well done
Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Avid

VaiSatchAtrucci, great video. And it was nice to see the DC Bass get some use. Since I'm not a bass player, I wasn't sure if that model was any good. But I thought it sounded fantastic on your version of the Trooper. I used to be a big Iron Maiden fan in high school, so I really appreciated your song choice.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:08 PM

I borrowed a friends epiphone Thunderbird, its actually very high quality and sounds awesome. The neck, bridge, and electronics are all top notch. I would say epi outdid themselves with this bass.

And yes, its neck through. I think they only run 300 or so.
Schecter C1 Elite, Schecter C1 E/A, Epiphone Les paul Custom Silverburst, Fender Mexi Strat, Ibanez RG, Damage Control Demonizer, Boss Gt10, Eleven Rack, Carvin TS100 Stereo Tube Power Amp, 2 Fender Roc Pro 1000 Cabs.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz.
OCZ Platinum 4GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Foxconn G45M-S LGA 775 Motherboard
Antec Three Hundred Case
Windows 7 Home Premium
Pro Tools LE 8, Cubase 5.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
FWIW Epiphone did just introduce a more upscale version of the Thunderbird with a either a glue in neck or neck through construction. I VERY interested in seeing one of those in person and trying them out. I have a Epiphone LP Standard that for the money is a great soiunding and playing instrument. I also have a Epi Hummingbird Artist for taking to bonfires etc and again for the money its a great guitar. Epi seems to be making some really good stuff in the mid to upper part of their price structure. Hopefully they can pull off the same trick with the new T'bird.

Thunderbirds and Firebirds are rare and unusual beasties. The Thunderbird jones led to purchase a Firebird VII and being a Explorer kind of guy I will say they are fun to play and balance better than one might think.
Hey the Epiphone LP's are no joke if you find the right one as with any guitar but I have a friend who has one and it plays AMAZING and sounds killer to though he did upgrade the pickups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Beaver View Post
I always enjoy watching your videos and this one is no exception. Fantastic playing and presenting skills. love the humour too. Very well done
Thanks brother I really appreciate that and glad you dug it - I always get worried I talk way too much and I HATE hearing myself so I just assume everyone else does too - hahaha! :)
Old 03-27-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend View Post
VaiSatchAtrucci, great video. And it was nice to see the DC Bass get some use. Since I'm not a bass player, I wasn't sure if that model was any good. But I thought it sounded fantastic on your version of the Trooper. I used to be a big Iron Maiden fan in high school, so I really appreciated your song choice.
Thanks so much Chris - I too was a HUGE Maiden fan back in High School and JUST saw them for the very first time last summer with Dream Theater and WOW... So what better way to show off the DC Bass model than with some Steev Hairiss and The Truepurr! One of my all time favs though I did get a note from YouTube saying my video is being blocked in Germany by Soh-knee for copyright issues which is interesting and the reason I spelled them phonetically above so it won't show up on a Google search. LOL :) I claim fair usage for educational purposes! I'm thinking "really?" heck I want THAT job.

So basically, the Germans get no DC Bass love via me... :-(

Anyway, as I told Chimp earlier, you guys really REALLY made this expansion pack an epic addition to an already incredible piece of gear and we thank you for that. It's revolutionized and continues to redefine the way we all approach guitar and I can't tell you how many people have come out of the woodwork who say, myself included that it's completely revitalized their love of the instrument and they're playing more now than ever, recording more now than ever, and I think it's an incredible testament to you and the 11R team's intelligence, insight, persistence and attention to detail.

The way you've all embraced this community, listen and basically allow us as musicians to basically help drive the 11R's development via Idea Scale and this forum more than we deserve.

I saw an ad in Guitar Player sitting in Books-A-Million waiting on my wife to get her nails "did", went home and watched Sean Halley on YouTube demo it,(which completely sold me on it) obsessed over it for an entire day, tracked one down in North Carolina at a Sam Ash a day later. Now here I sit a little over a year later, Expansion Pack #1 of X... ;-) and it's like Christmas all over again!

Just brilliant... and please don't feel compelled to respond we know y'all appreciate us appreciating y'all and while I never get the sense you guys are driven by virtual pats on the back, I thought I'd try to articulate as best I can because it's well deserved and the true gravity of what you just pulled off with this release is astounding.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiSatchAtrucci View Post
you guys really REALLY made this expansion pack an epic addition to an already incredible piece of gear and we thank you for that.
+10000 EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys So much.........

& give VSA a job already......This guy could sell a ketchup popsicle to a women in white gloves (all day long)..............The boy has skillz.......
Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Avid

Wow, thanks! It was our pleasure!