Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM

Default Much slower offline bounce in 2019 vs 2018?

I used to get 100+x speed, and now I get ~ 30x with the same sessions. What's going on? Is there a setting I may have missed?
Old 08-19-2019, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Much slower offline bounce in 2019 vs 2018?

Correction:now I'm getting 15x with no plugins running. This is nearly 10 times slower than I got before even with some light plugins running. This affects my workflow considerably, would appreciate any help.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:27 PM

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Did anything else change on your setup other than upgrading from 2018 to 2019.

What version of Pro Tools exactly?

What machine are you running it on? Specs etc.

I doubt you’ll get much useful help without a lot more info. None of us know much about your setup and things can vary drastically from machine to machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Did anything else change on your setup other than upgrading from 2018 to 2019.

What version of Pro Tools exactly?

What machine are you running it on? Specs etc.

I doubt you’ll get much useful help without a lot more info. None of us know much about your setup and things can vary drastically from machine to machine.

I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave. And the last version of PT 2018 to the latest of PT 2019. That's literally it, nothing else changed whatsoever. That's my point, really. All settings, system specs etc are the same as they were.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:34 PM

If this had been hitting lots of users I would expect you would have heard the screams here. So you are likely going to need to troubleshoot this, and you should make lots of progress following standard troubleshooting steps. (Start at “Help us help you” at the top of each DUC web page.

Have you tried trashing prefs? (The first thing for any problem). Use Peter Gates’ utility http://petegates.com/pg-pt-prefs.html

What do you mean exactly by “with no Plugins running?”. How have you disabled/defeated plugins? You may not actually have stopped the CPU load.

This is likely very plugin related. Are all your plugins up to date? Next troubleshooting step is likely to try removing all .aaxplugin plugin files, trash prefs again, (Pro Tools will magically restore the standard plugins) and seeing if things speed up again.

Looking at Pro Tools CPU meters is often a waste of time, but in this case may be interesting to see what is going on, now and after you remove all the non-standard plugins.

Still having problems test starting with a new empty session from a new macOS admin account. (That excludes some extreme account preferences and other corruption).

Did you jump off the cliff and do an insitu macOS upgrade? (A bad idea) Or was this a new clean macOS Mojave install... and can you boot back to the previous install to A/B test this? If you did an insitu macOS upgrade and you cannot make other progress then do it all properly, grab a spare disk partition or drive and do a full clean install of Mojave onto that with only the minimal drivers, ILM and Pro Tools and test that, add third party plugins in batches while testing more.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-25-2019 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:40 PM

Now that you mention it, my bounces seem a lot slower, too. Full mixes are now bouncing at 1.5x normal speed. I don't remember what it used to be, but I can tell you that it was faster than that. 2013 Mac Pro 4 Core, 32 gigs of RAM/. I'm still on Sierra and have been for quite a while. Running latest version of 2019. Everything is running fine and no crashes, but the bounces are slow.

Steve
Old 08-26-2019, 01:56 AM

Yes much slower for me too. I also upgraded to Mojave but I suspect it's 2019, not the OS.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:51 AM

Bounce speed is the same as before for me.

2019.5 and latest version of Sierra.

I agree with Darryl that it’s probably not a bug or issue with PT, but it could be an incompatibility with certain plugins you’re using in combination with the app.

It shouldn’t be this way, but it does introduce a lot of variables and we all have different combinations of plugins.

Might need to dig a bit deeper.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettster View Post
I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave. And the last version of PT 2018 to the latest of PT 2019. That's literally it, nothing else changed whatsoever. That's my point, really. All settings, system specs etc are the same as they were.

But that’s at least a years gap between versions.

Like I mentioned in my post above, I’d look at plugin updates as if you dint update anything there, you might have some older versions that aren’t working well with the latest OS or PT version.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Again, all plugins deactivated.