Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-19-2019, 02:28 AM

Default Audio Suite tempo expansion issue

I’ve recently had occasion to try out Tempo Expansion in audio suite.
We’re wanting to speed up the tempo of a piece about 4 percent. Not knowing the precise tempo of the original session(no click track was used) we arbitraily assumed base tempo to be 120 BPM and selected the new tempo to be 125BPM.
The result was a train wreck. All tracks increased tempo, but no two tracks sync up. The conversion error is probably not more than 1%, but even that is way too much.
Am I asking too much? I’ve tried converting all tracks together- no dice. I tried converting one track at a time- no better. The original audio files were sampled at 96khz, and I converted to 192khz: would this make a difference? Or is this just a come-on with no real utility?
I’m using PT12, in Windows 10 with 16 gig of RAM and 9 cores .