Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Distortion and Loopback test / X-HD interface

so the past few days playing tunes in iTunes thru Core Audio Manager, the audio has started to sound a bit ragged around the edges. Then today downright totally distorted. I run Digitest - Loopback test fails everytime. I have 2 Apogee Rosetta 800s, both with X-HD cards. I figure it's gotta be a bad card in my 1st interface, so I switch to the 2nd unit and it's the same, in terms of Digitest failing. So now I trash all preferences, Digi Databases, etc, repair permissions, and reboot and it's fine, but still Digitest fails.

Anyone know what's up here? I'm a bit perplexed!

(G5 Dual 2G, HD2 Accel, 2 x Apogee Rosetta 800 / X-HD card)
Old 01-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Avid

Default Re: Distortion and Loopback test / X-HD interface

Quote:
so the past few days playing tunes in iTunes thru Core Audio Manager, the audio has started to sound a bit ragged around the edges. Then today downright totally distorted. I run Digitest - Loopback test fails everytime. I have 2 Apogee Rosetta 800s, both with X-HD cards. I figure it's gotta be a bad card in my 1st interface, so I switch to the 2nd unit and it's the same, in terms of Digitest failing. So now I trash all preferences, Digi Databases, etc, repair permissions, and reboot and it's fine, but still Digitest fails.

Anyone know what's up here? I'm a bit perplexed!

(G5 Dual 2G, HD2 Accel, 2 x Apogee Rosetta 800 / X-HD card)
Digitest will fail with those interfaces, as far as I recall, because they are not actual Digidesign interfaces.

You may want to start by trashing preferences and see if that helps.