Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-24-2020, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Waves V12 say goodbye to Mac Pro 2012 and earlier.

For those of you considering updating:

Not sure about this year but last year Waves was way cool about reimbursing every update I paid for with sales vouchers that can be used toward savings on new plugin purchases.
While these vouchers can't be used for upgrades themselves, you can apply the vouchers toward bundles or individual plugins.

The amount of savings is calculated at checkout but if used toward bundles or plugins that are above the mid price range you get the best savings. Way fair deals.
If an item is already on sale the voucher will have less value.
After using a bunch you get your own purchase strategy going.

Every plugin or bundle I updated I received a voucher for and scored on more plugins for my money.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
For those of you considering updating:

Not sure about this year but last year Waves was way cool about reimbursing every update I paid for with sales vouchers that can be used toward savings on new plugin purchases.
While these vouchers can't be used for upgrades themselves, you can apply the vouchers toward bundles or individual plugins.

The amount of savings is calculated at checkout but if used toward bundles or plugins that are above the mid price range you get the best savings. Way fair deals.
If an item is already on sale the voucher will have less value.
After using a bunch you get your own purchase strategy going.

Every plugin or bundle I updated I received a voucher for and scored on more plugins for my money.
I don't think you get vouchers as such but free plugins depending on how much dollars you spend. Used to be spend $50 and get one free plugin, spend $90 (IIRC) and get two free plugins. And the free plugin had to be of the $29 or below category. This month it's 30% off the second plugin, 40% for the third plugin and 50% for the fourth plugin.

QAPLA!
Old 11-24-2020, 09:45 AM

I may have worded that wrong.
I don't think they were called sales vouchers but they were vouchers with a compensation value equivalent to what I spent on each UPDATE.
So if I spent $40 bucks on updates, they'd immediately email a voucher worth $40 toward more plugins.
I was compensated for every update $.
It applied to WUP plans only.
But because of using the vouchers toward more plugins, I was also able to receive the free plugin deals as you mentioned with those purchases.
They'd send an email with a link to all the free plugins to choose from.

Totally satisfied with how they're treating customers these days.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
I may have worded that wrong.
I don't think they were called sales vouchers but they were vouchers with a compensation value equivalent to what I spent on each UPDATE.
So if I spent $40 bucks on updates, they'd immediately email a voucher worth $40 toward more plugins.
I was compensated for every update $.
It applied to WUP plans only.
But because of using the vouchers toward more plugins, I was also able to receive the free plugin deals as you mentioned with those purchases.
They'd send an email with a link to all the free plugins to choose from.

Totally satisfied with how they're treating customers these days.
You still have their system wrong; at least for what it was before this week or so. Never saw a dollar-for-dollar spent 'voucher'. I never did expired WUP updates though.

QAPLA!
Old 11-24-2020, 07:04 PM

Sorry, I'm posting way off subject...

On topic:

Yeah any PT version below 2020 isn't on the compatibility list with V12 either.

As regards my off topic post:
That was just an encouragement to those considering bringing their WUP current.
You might see more back for it than just a new version.

They didn't advertise it as an incentive to purchase a current WUP plan.
It was a surprise bonus. So just saying I hope those who pay for a current WUP get the same unadvertised bonus.

Back on topic: Of course, all this doesn't matter if it means having to get a new machine just to use V12.
Old 12-11-2020, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Good news is Waves is already functioning well with the M1 chip! Looks incredible already

https://www.facebook.com/wisdomandpo...58072415354983

I think the price for all the Intel Macs will plummet when the news gets out.

Stephen
I haven’t been too fussed over the M1 myself, but that’s because the most advancement will be what they do with their high-end desktop grade chips. That’s what I’m waiting to see,

The writing is on the wall for the rest of. I’m guessing we have about 5 years to save up for a new ARM computer. Universal Binary won’t be around forever. But in 5 years, when they optimise their OS strictly for their custom designed processors we might see another jump in efficiency and performance.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:17 AM

If you check out the videos on the FaceBook link I posted it is pretty clear there is a stratospheric leap forward in performance. Agreed, the M1X and co. will be even better.

Personally I can't wait. I've long been tired of the performance of Pro Tools with an Intel MacBook Pro. Sure, there will be some growing pains and casualties along the way. I'm hoping not to loose too many plugins en route but from what I have seen it certainly looks worth it.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 01-08-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
If you check out the videos on the FaceBook link I posted it is pretty clear there is a stratospheric leap forward in performance. Agreed, the M1X and co. will be even better.

Personally I can't wait. I've long been tired of the performance of Pro Tools with an Intel MacBook Pro. Sure, there will be some growing pains and casualties along the way. I'm hoping not to loose too many plugins en route but from what I have seen it certainly looks worth it.

Stephen
Yeah I agree. I might have to dig around and find your link now, however.

I have heard mostly good word about performance on the M1. Although, there maybe be some validation/authorisation issues where Waves is concerned. As I understand it they are working on a compatibility upgrade for it, so it shouldn’t be too long.

There’s word of a 12 MacBook Pro chip coming out. However, I’m uncertain that means 12 hyperthreads or actually 12 cores. Either way, given the performance of the M1, it sounds VERY promising even though I’m a desktop user myself.