Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 05:00 AM

Default Lost sessions

Hi, I lost an album’s worth of sessions today. I opened protools first while unexpectedly offline, closed the program when I noticed, restarted my computer to hope to regain connectivity and agreed to a windows update while I was at it. Opened pro tools afterwards and all of my locally saved sessions were gone. I was not saving projects to the cloud.

I found the audio files in the recycle bin and restored them. Backed them up to an external drive for good measure. But the session files are gone. When I try to import the audio files to a new session, they play all at once (since I had not consolidated the tracks yet). I’m hoping I don’t have to attempt to puzzle everything back together!

Is there a way to restore the sessions as they were? Will a system restore to a prior date work on pro tools too? Thanks for your help.

———
Windows 10
Pro tools 2019.5
Old 10-20-2020, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Lost sessions

As long as you have backed up what you have, then restoring Windows to the point before the updates can’t hurt. You said your files were in the recycle bin, which is kind of odd since Pro Tools wouldn’t move them there unless you deleted them.
Also it would probably be beneficial to upgrade to the latest version of PTF.

System Details
Old 10-20-2020, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Lost sessions

Yeah update but maybe it would be even better to ”not” use PT first as many ppl have issues and soo many have lost files and sessions. Evident here on the forum. It is a way too convoluted wirkflow to waste money and time on.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————